How To Manage Your Time When You Have A Job?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Managing time is something that is truly hard to do. Most of the people get a job and they become sop busy that they no longer have time for their family or friends in their life. I have seen many people who also work during the Holidays. I do not know whey this is the reasons but there are many organizations that also ask the workers to come when we have some sort of national holidays due to religious festivals and I am quite surprised to know that why do the companies treat their employees in such kind of manner? Nevertheless, when I was working for a company, they only gave me off on Sunday and I used to work for straight seven hours. Even though I was working for just seven hours, I was not at all able to manage my time because I also need to sleep, obviously! I am sure that there are many people in here who also face the same kind of issue because many people in here probably have a day job. So how do you manage your time when you have to work a lot?

Hassanbenjamin

Time management these days is a serious problem due to the nature of work people do. It is one thing that I have always battled with because of stress that I have been subjected to during my work period.

hblaw

One of the major key problem of 9-5 job is managing time or required time to spend with family and relative even personal business

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes you are so busy you did not even find a time to eat or to sleep a little at 12 or have a break it is depending on the nature of the job you are doing.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This is a serious issue, I don't joke with time management, I believe everything about life has to do with time management. Time is so pricelesso and precious when we lose it we can get get it back for ever. So I try to make the best out of my time.

Now time management in work place is all a different ball game, as the saying goes whatever is what doing is what doing well. So at my place of work i try to make I give my full attention to doing my job right. And when it is time for break I utilize my break time correctly.

E

eldavis

Time management is something that alot of workers lack today, but I do believe time management is a skill and like every other skill it can be learnt. You could as set a target for your self as well, this could help you Manage your time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Even when I have lots of job to do online, I still have out time to have a better sleep, which is no less than six (6) hours everyday. I don't see myself forfeiting my sleep for pennies, even if I do it for much better money it wouldn't be a regular none, because my health matters more than anything else. So, I manage around 10 hours daily online when I didn't go anywhere, and spend around 6-7 hours for good sleep and rest, then other time for miscellaneous 😅. And that's just it, when it comes to my time management while working online especially.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
It is difficult to juggle between a job and your freelancing career or a business. I am a full time freelancer now, but I once had a job. When I was placed in a job, I was already trying to build my online freelancing career and online business. For one year, I tried to manage both, but at the end of the day, it was very tiring. In the whole year, I never took a day off, I was working every day, sometimes even 12 hours in a day. Then one day, I had to choose one, I chose to become a freelancer and here I am.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job, I was saving money regularly. Whenever there was a new company was listed on the stock exchange, I tried to buy shares. Normally, I purchased shares from the primary market. Apart from investing in the share market, I did nothing when I was in a job. In fact, I did not have time to explore other things. Once I was fired, I began exploring a lot of things. That's how I started freelancing on upwork, blooging, and work on various earning sites. Since I ws earning well on my job, I never have had any desire to explore other things.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Even when I have lots of job to do online, I still have out time to have a better sleep, which is no less than six (6) hours everyday. I don't see myself forfeiting my sleep for pennies, even if I do it for much better money it wouldn't be a regular none, because my health matters more than anything else. So, I manage around 10 hours daily online when I didn't go anywhere, and spend around 6-7 hours for good sleep and rest, then other time for miscellaneous 😅. And that's just it, when it comes to my time management while working online especially.

I think freelancers can manage time in a far much better way as compared to people who have day jobs and I think this is one of the biggest advantage of freelancing. I usually spend a few hours working online, but since time is running really fast, it is really hard to manage the time. I think the best way to manage time is by working strictly by observing the time. This is something every person can do but people who are bound by the day job might not be able to do so.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think freelancers can manage time in a far much better way as compared to people who have day jobs and I think this is one of the biggest advantage of freelancing. I usually spend a few hours working online, but since time is running really fast, it is really hard to manage the time. I think the best way to manage time is by working strictly by observing the time. This is something every person can do but people who are bound by the day job might not be able to do so.
You're simply right buddy. Here online, you can manage your time by yourself, and no one queries you for that. That's one of the beautiful things of working online, and I am enjoying it that way. In offline gig where you're hired by an employer, the schedule will be set by the employer and the employee will manage the time allocated to him or her, and never fall prey, in order not to lose the trust of the one who employed em. I simply love working remotely, I spend around 12 hours in some days when I didn't move an inch away from my home.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
You're simply right buddy. Here online, you can manage your time by yourself, and no one queries you for that. That's one of the beautiful things of working online, and I am enjoying it that way. In offline gig where you're hired by an employer, the schedule will be set by the employer and the employee will manage the time allocated to him or her, and never fall prey, in order not to lose the trust of the one who employed em. I simply love working remotely, I spend around 12 hours in some days when I didn't move an inch away from my home.

Oh! That's great! Do you mean that you spend 12 hours working at home? If yes, then I guess that it is a long period of time. Right now, even I am dedicating a lots of time to work online due to the fact that I work on Trendri as a full-time poster and I also work on Bizdustry as well. Right now the Trendri admin has posted a promotion offer so this is why I am busy commenting on Trendri forum a lot. I am currently working as a paid poster on forums right now and I enjoy posting!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Oh! That's great! Do you mean that you spend 12 hours working at home? If yes, then I guess that it is a long period of time. Right now, even I am dedicating a lots of time to work online due to the fact that I work on Trendri as a full-time poster and I also work on Bizdustry as well. Right now the Trendri admin has posted a promotion offer so this is why I am busy commenting on Trendri forum a lot. I am currently working as a paid poster on forums right now and I enjoy posting!
Yeah, I spend such number of hours to work online via different sites, majority are paid to posts. Some aren't paid to post but it's also a forum site where I'm serving as a moderator, I get paid monthly for my services there. I suspended my article writing gigs for clients, because is too much on me, I don't want to stress my brain anymore to think, research in order to offer quality to an employer. I love posting on forums, because, I don't have to think too much nor research too much before earning. I've seen your work rate so far, you're good poster, that's why you're still earning here.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Yeah, I spend such number of hours to work online via different sites, majority are paid to posts. Some aren't paid to post but it's also a forum site where I'm serving as a moderator, I get paid monthly for my services there. I suspended my article writing gigs for clients, because is too much on me, I don't want to stress my brain anymore to think, research in order to offer quality to an employer. I love posting on forums, because, I don't have to think too much nor research too much before earning. I've seen your work rate so far, you're good poster, that's why you're still earning here.

Thanks for appreciation, my friend. Yes, I work on Trendri diligently and I try my best to post high-quality posts ion here. Even the admin @Fecoms also acknowledge this fact, as I devote a lots of time on Trendri and consider working on Trendri as a full-time job. I make more than $1 in here daily, but I work hard. Spending 12 hours a day is too much, my friend. I just hope that you do not strain yourself. Money is important but health is far much more important and you must take care of your health as well. I also spend a lots of hours working online, but not 12 hours a day.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks for appreciation, my friend. Yes, I work on Trendri diligently and I try my best to post high-quality posts ion here. Even the admin @Fecoms also acknowledge this fact, as I devote a lots of time on Trendri and consider working on Trendri as a full-time job. I make more than $1 in here daily, but I work hard. Spending 12 hours a day is too much, my friend. I just hope that you do not strain yourself. Money is important but health is far much more important and you must take care of your health as well. I also spend a lots of hours working online, but not 12 hours a day.
12 hours is even less for some other online workers who are into writing, transcription, digital marketing, E-commerce, programming etc. I do my online job with schedule, the 12 hours online activities doesn't come one time, I work for straight 4 hours, then stay off from online job for 2-3 hours come back again to make another 4 hours. Spend another 2-3 hours again, just like that. Those 2-3 hours are simply for resting, then when I've energized I'll come back again to perform my tasks online. K simply have to meet up in order to clear my bills that is always accumulating for me.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in the office I still had many chores at home. The top in the list is the preparation of our meals because I am the official cook. I also do the marketing most of the time although if we had a maid I delegate the purchasing of food sometimes. I would cook the meals early in the morning together with the breakfast. I go to work and when I come home the meal is reheated. When there is something amiss like a dripping faucet then I had to fix it otherwise I had to call the plumber. During weekends I do the cleaning of the roof and the garage. When there is a need for repainting I also do it.

My main chore for my personal passion is the garden. I have small fruits trees and some vegetables in the backyard. Everyone knows that I am very active at home even when I have a job. It is a matter of time management. But I have to admit that sometimes I lack the leisure and entertainment although we sometimes travel abroad.

Caramelle

I wasn't able to manage my time well in my previous job. I didn't have much extra time and I felt depressed because I couldn't find time to study and enhance my academic qualifications. Despite it being an office job, it was really backbreaking because the weight of the entire department was on me. Unpaid overtime work was common and management doesn't even appreciate the effort. In our case, overtime wasn't due to inefficiency. It was because there were too few people to handle the responsibilities as the higher management would not be convinced to hire more admin people. The high attrition rate of the department made matters worse because new hires always meant spending time on their training. Well, I can only take so much. My body showed obvious signs of stress and I needed to quit working to recuperate. I support work-life balance to ensure longevity in our career and health.​

Good luck

Verified member
Time management is very important in every business infact the way you spend your time also affect your income.Time determine how one can do a lot of things in life raging from when one is schooling.In an exam,you are giving a specific time to work maybe one hour to attempt a particular subject of sixty questions,immediately you see this something should tell you that you are not allowed to spend more than one minute solving or attending to each question.If more than one minute is spent on one question then there will be issue about the other questions and you may not be able to finish the questions within the stipulated time given and it may affect your mark or GP if you are in a higher level of learning.