How to prevent diabetes

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The best time to start the prevention of diabetes is right from our young age when we are usually tempted to consume a lot of sugar. Most people that have diabetes at an old age is usually as a result of the amount of sugar they consumed when they were younger. They might not feel its effect at a young age but it would definitely show up when they are older. Generally, we all should be encouraged to consume a balanced diet and exercise regularly to remove excess sugar from our body.
You have summarized the root cause of diabetes in simple and clear terms . The point is not
confusing, it's clear in the sense that 80% of the people living with diabetes have been victims from when they were young. Some may have seen it manifest in the first stage and fail to administer proper treatment

Kola

Verified member
The main cause of diabetes is excess in take of sugar.when you take or consume too much sugar it's bad and very dangerous for the body it leads to stomach pain and in The process if care is not taken can lead to diabetes.also the intake of junks and other sugary products are not good for the body and should not be taken for a better and healthy life 😊

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If your family has a diabetes history, no matter what you do, you are likely to be diagnosed with diabetes. If there is no history of diabetes in your family, you are likely to avoid diabetes by making ,lifestyle changes and changing food habits. For example, walk at least 60 minutes three times a week (or 30 minutes every day), eat a lot of vegetables.
Regular exercise will be of great help for such people. I believe that if the people which diabetes runs in their family history stick to safety measures they may likely not have it in the future. A great remedy is eating unripped plantain. They may grind the plantain to its powdered form to make a delicious Nigeria's delicacy

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Very bad of your friend, such kind of habit can get him or her putting the condition of his or her health in danger. We should always be careful with what we eat especially when the doctor review things we need to avoid. As a diabetic patient your friend don't suppose to eat anything that contains sugar, until the sugar level is back normal.
That's absolutely correct sincerem. He's got a medical history of diabetes and he eats carelessly forgetting that he is prone to having diabetes in the future. If he heed to advice the better for him . There are lots of people out there with same conditions and care less about their health, not considering their health status.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If your family has a diabetes history, no matter what you do, you are likely to be diagnosed with diabetes. If there is no history of diabetes in your family, you are likely to avoid diabetes by making ,lifestyle changes and changing food habits. For example, walk at least 60 minutes three times a week (or 30 minutes every day), eat a lot of vegetables.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Because I do eat sugary things to be frank, I always ask out my medical students some questions on how I can prevent diabetes. What most told me is that diabetes most of the time is hereditary. They went ahead and told me that the only thing I need to be doing is to be neutralizing the sugar level at times with maybe bitter leaf.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
These tips are mostly useful for the people that has a medical history of diabetes . It will go a long way in helping maintain sugar balance in the system. I know a friend that has the medical history of diabetes but he is not cautious of what he takes in. He eats recklessly not taking into consideration his health status.
Very bad of your friend, such kind of habit can get him or her putting the condition of his or her health in danger. We should always be careful with what we eat especially when the doctor review things we need to avoid. As a diabetic patient your friend don't suppose to eat anything that contains sugar, until the sugar level is back normal.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I can agree that diabetes can be prevented but not in all cases. Maybe it is a hereditary factor that you can have it when you were born. A family friend who is doing everything to prevent diabetes is frustrated because every year his blood sugar level is increasing. Now he is nearing 70 and he is already diabetic. It looks like you cannot prevent it.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The best time to start the prevention of diabetes is right from our young age when we are usually tempted to consume a lot of sugar. Most people that have diabetes at an old age is usually as a result of the amount of sugar they consumed when they were younger. They might not feel its effect at a young age but it would definitely show up when they are older. Generally, we all should be encouraged to consume a balanced diet and exercise regularly to remove excess sugar from our body.
I see sense here! It's right from our young that we should be watchful how we consume sugary stuffs. Even we can start with our kids. I know kids love sugary stuffs and it's good for them while they are still very young but we shouldn't allow them to consume too much sugar because it could hamper their health while growing up!

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Diabetes is a common disease and it is prevalent in people that are of age

For some, diabetes is inevitable due to the hereditary factor. If their is an history of diabetes in the family, the disease becomes inevitable but it can be managed. There are two stages of diabetes. The initial stage is called the pre-diabetes. This when you begin to feel the symptoms of the disease and if not taken care of , it proceeds to a full blown diabetes
Here are tips to manage diabetes

1) someone who's overweight is at risk of being diabetic. The remedy is to reduce the food in your plate. Drink water and avoid drinks that are not sugar free

2) Reduce the amount of fat you are eating

3) Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.

4) If you are feeling peckish choose a healthy snack rather than a chocolate bar.

5) Use skimmed rather than full-fat milk in hot drinks.

6) Exercise is good for health. But if you are not use to exercise then start in moderation. 15 minutes gentle walking each day will ease you into a regular exercising pattern.

These are action points diabetics are advised to take.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If we try to watch what we are consuming, I think we should be able to curb diabetes. We should drop excess of junks or carbohydrates food and take to eating proteinous foods. We should also consider eating vegetables with our foods. Vegetables makes it easier for easy excretion of unwanted things in the body. And lastly, we should exercise regularly.
You have spoken well , junks intake often result in diabetes. Carbohydrate rich foods contains sugar because carbohydrates itself is a sugary element. So if we can't not control what we eat, we are likely to be a victim and this will be life threatening. Some do not have the medical history of diabetes in their family but the food they eat make them a victim

IamDozzy

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
If we try to watch what we are consuming, I think we should be able to curb diabetes. We should drop excess of junks or carbohydrates food and take to eating proteinous foods. We should also consider eating vegetables with our foods. Vegetables makes it easier for easy excretion of unwanted things in the body. And lastly, we should exercise regularly.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Yes, exercise is one of the best method of reducing the risk of contracting diabetes. If we train regular that's for sure we'll avoid it. I'm an addicted sports person, i train always to keep bmy body fit being resuming my online duties. If i don't train my body through exercises the sugar particles i took in will settle fine and developing higher which we know its detrimental. So exercise is very much ideal improving our health, and keeps us away from suffering diabetes.
These tips are mostly useful for the people that has a medical history of diabetes . It will go a long way in helping maintain sugar balance in the system. I know a friend that has the medical history of diabetes but he is not cautious of what he takes in. He eats recklessly not taking into consideration his health status.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When you exercise regularly, you will burn out the sugar in the body and it keeps you healthy. Most importantly, it keep away from diabetes. If you are not used to doing exercise, you can start with a 15 minutes walk. with this, you can improve your exercise gradually from simple to complex. Low intake of foods that are not sugar based is also a key.

Yes, exercise is one of the best method of reducing the risk of contracting diabetes. If we train regular that's for sure we'll avoid it. I'm an addicted sports person, i train always to keep bmy body fit being resuming my online duties. If i don't train my body through exercises the sugar particles i took in will settle fine and developing higher which we know its detrimental. So exercise is very much ideal improving our health, and keeps us away from suffering diabetes.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Exercise, and reduction in eating lots of sugary foods, or snacks. We should minimize our urge on that, cos they contribute to increasing our sugar level high. But through regular exercises we will keep our insulin level very high, that will help moderate the sugar particles and keep our blood sugar level at an equilibrium state.
When you exercise regularly, you will burn out the sugar in the body and it keeps you healthy. Most importantly, it keep away from diabetes. If you are not used to doing exercise, you can start with a 15 minutes walk. with this, you can improve your exercise gradually from simple to complex. Low intake of foods that are not sugar based is also a key

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Exercise, and reduction in eating lots of sugary foods, or snacks. We should minimize our urge on that, cos they contribute to increasing our sugar level high. But through regular exercises we will keep our insulin level very high, that will help moderate the sugar particles and keep our blood sugar level at an equilibrium state.