How to reduce safety hazards In the workplace

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are different workplace hazards which safety hazards is one of them. Safety hazards concerns more of staff that' work directly with machinery or on construction sites.

These are hazards that happens due to unsafe working conditions that can cause injury, illness, and death in the workplace.

So how csn safety hazards be reduced in the workplace.

Remove anything that can cause spills or trips

Things or substances that can cause spills or trips should be kept away from the workplace
This includes cords that can run across the floor or ice.

Remove anything that can cause falls

This is another good wsy to reduce safety hazards anything that can cause falls should be off the road. This is to protect people working from heights, using ladders or working on elevated work area.

Stop improper wiring
This is to stop improper wiring that might bring electrical hazards

Reduce confined spaces.
The spaces to be used should always be large enough for the workers to avoid any form of friction.

What do you think?

King bell

VIP Contributor
Safety hazards can be a major problem in the workplace, leading to serious injuries and even fatalities. Fortunately, there are a number of steps employers can take to reduce the risk of workplace accidents and injuries.

1. Identify Hazards: The first step to reducing safety hazards in the workplace is to identify potential risks and hazards. This can be done through a thorough inspection of the workplace and equipment, as well as identifying any potential risks associated with the job.

2. Create a Safety Plan: Once hazards have been identified, employers should create a safety plan that outlines how to reduce workplace risks. The plan should include safety protocols for employees, as well as procedures for responding to emergencies.

3. Train Employees: Training employees on safety procedures is essential for reducing the risk of workplace accidents and injuries. This should include training on how to properly use equipment, how to identify and report hazards, and how to respond to emergencies.

4. Monitor Safety: Employers should regularly monitor the workplace to ensure safety protocols are being followed. This should include regular inspections of equipment and the workplace, as well as monitoring employee behavior.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Some companies don't care about the safety of their employees. All they care about is to make money off them. Hence, they are not concerned if they are exposed to any hazard or not. In my sojourn in the teaching profession, the schools I taught never cared about the impact the chalk was having on my health. There was a time when my entire hands were peeling because of the effects of the chalk. That is because they see humans as means to an end and not the end itself.

Also, the nature of humans won't even allow them to observe safety precautions at all. Like how many people take time to read and adhere to the information contained in the literature of equipments we use at work. How many employees know where the fire extinguisher and other safety equipment are kept. My uncle got blind because a chemical spilled into his eyes at work. This ain't a joking matter.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
When people hear the word safety hazard they usually think that it is only applicable to hardware industries and manufacturing companies that deals with the production of hardwares and automobiles or machines. Safety hazard can also be applicable to office companies and even at grocery stores because there is absolutely no one beyond accident and even the most regulated form of accidents can totally be a serious one if not prevented. In what grocery store in my area a pile of cartons containing tin milks was by a corner inside the grocery store, meanwhile a kid what's playing a plastic ball nothing less than a metre close to where the pile of cartons containing tin milk were kept. The ball in which the kid was playing found its way to the cartons being piled up as a result of the boy kicking it towards that direction, as the boy was about to pick the ball, each cartons of tin milk fall on the little kid leaving painful and pitiable bruises on the body of the kid, for a moment the boy was unconscious due to the shock and the tremendous dropping of the heavy cartons on his body.

This hazard would have been prevented if such area was designated as a "no-go area" or isolated so that individuals can not get hurt.