How To Start A Profitable Business Center.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
A business center business deals with photocopy, printing, typing or online registration.

This business might not be suitable for you If you don't want to interact with people much, so your personality might play a role here.

You don't really don't need that much of a capital to get going but you'll surely need some of these items:

A Personal Computer.

An Internet Connection.

A Printer

A photocopier.

This business is mostly done in a school environment like a university, because they're the ones that'll be needing to photocopy documents and print assignments.

You'll most of the time meet people already operating this kind-of business hence making competition inevitable, so you shouldn't let that worry because the sky is big enough for everybody, you can check what most of the owners of such business are lacking and provide it in your center.

You can decide to lower the rates or provide a more cleaner photocopy, these are all points you can capitalise on to make your business center profitatable.

If you're a student yourself you can get some one from outside to look after Te business for you base on salary or profit sharing basis but you need to make sure you have a security system in check so that you won't chanced, because it's hard to find a trustworthy individual

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not think this can be profitable because this business can sustain only in the urban areas and in the urban areas most of the individuals and businesses have their own computer and printer. Even if the individuals do not have computer and printer, for instance students might not have printer, they will use library service to print the document. The business need a lot of money to start, for example, you need a computer, a printer, a xerox machine, a scanner, binding machine, lamination machine, etc.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Until recently, businesses like these were flourishing in my town. These businesses were called desktop publishing houses and mostly catered to students. But now there is a lot of competition and the business is no longer profitable. Furthermore, the running cost of the business is also high because your business needs to be centrally located and you will have to pay high rents if you set up your business in a business district.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Having this kind of business is solid but we should know this days that this kind of business has so much competition. Where do you want to open a photocopy or printing shop now that you would not see people doing it already. Especially, if you are closer to school. You would see greater number of shops that deals with this kind of business, which will definitely affect your own market. I would rather suggest you add it up with something else like project binding, typing, projects doings etc....to make the difference.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Deriving from your post, I think you are actually correct with what you said, surprisingly for me, this particular business is becoming very lucrative. You can’t imagine how much people do make from this job. Making a photocopy of one paper today is twenty naira in my location, printing a page of document is one hundred naira, now think of how much will be made by the end of the day. It is unbelievable how much people make from it. Well if you want to earn good income from it, you will really have to invest adequate capital and efforts to it.