How To Stop Body Pain Caused By Cold?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Winter season has been here for a long time and it is expected that cold weather will remain for a long time. There are many diseases that spread in this weather and one of the most common kind of disease is the cold and some people even get flu. One of the symptoms of cold is that you may suffer from extreme body ache. I have been having cold and my throat hurts badly and I am suffering from body pain, too. I think one of the best ways to deal with this problem is to take hot showers because hot showers have been proven to stop body pain caused by cold weather. I have also taken paracetamol medicine.

I also believe that massage could be a great way to fight with this issue. I always get cold whenever winter season starts and I am sure that many people also have the same problem. My immune system is pretty strong, but I think more precautions should be taken. Even the healthiest people also get cold and flu. Cold weather just makes things worst. I think we should start consuming hot drinks in order to prevent this condition in the first place. What suggestions could you give?

I read somewhere that our muscles and bones pain more during cold weather due to a poor circulation. The cold weather causes a poor blood circulation. Also, we are less active and lazy on cold days. So, anything to do with warming up will ensure a better circulation and alleviate the pain. So, be it a hot shower, hot massage or a good session of exercise to warm us...all help to improve the circulation and let the energy keep flowing. In Ayurveda and other alternative medicine, it is believed that many a times these pains are the results of excess energy stuck at one place. So, a good warming up will help to unlock these blocked excess energy by improving the blood and lymph circulation.

Winter season has been here for a long time and it is expected that cold weather will remain for a long time. There are many diseases that spread in this weather and one of the most common kind of disease is the cold and some people even get flu. One of the symptoms of cold is that you may suffer from extreme body ache. I have been having cold and my throat hurts badly and I am suffering from body pain, too. I think one of the best ways to deal with this problem is to take hot showers because hot showers have been proven to stop body pain caused by cold weather. I have also taken paracetamol medicine.

I also believe that massage could be a great way to fight with this issue. I always get cold whenever winter season starts and I am sure that many people also have the same problem. My immune system is pretty strong, but I think more precautions should be taken. Even the healthiest people also get cold and flu. Cold weather just makes things worst. I think we should start consuming hot drinks in order to prevent this condition in the first place. What suggestions could you give?
Hi Good-Guy. How are you? I am sorry to hear that you are a bit cold. Hope you get better soon. It is very cold worldwide indeed. Even in my country we noticed that this winter is extremely cold. The winter is usually mild here but this winter is the coldest of all.

Thank you for your interesting article. I fully agree with you that many diseases spread in this weather. You may catch a cold or get the flu. The symptoms of these diseases are not pleasant at all. You may have a high fever, headache and muscle aches, cough, sore throat, and tiredness. You also might have a runny or stuffy nose, chills and nausea or vomiting. Some people complain about extreme body ache.

As far as I am concerned, I believe that the best way to stop body pain caused by cold is to drink hot tea and eat hot soups. Furthermore, hot showers can help a lot. Also some medicines can relieve pain or even massage, as you correctly mention in your post.

Of course, you should always try to have a strong immune system by eating healthy food like fruits and vegetables which are a source of vitamins and minerals. If you combine a healthy diet with regular exercise like walking or swimming, you will always be strong, energetic and healthy even in this cold weather.

When I was assigned work in London for 4 months it was unfortunate that the period was from June to November. At first the weather was cool and I enjoyed it until it got colder that my lips started to crack. But the worst has yet to come with my skin that is allergic to cold weather. My thighs, legs and even the arms get itchy at night that I wake up scratching my skin. Sometimes the skin is already chafed by my fingernails. A friend gave me lotion to ease the itchiness buy it did not help. Every night I would wake up scratching and that ended only when I left in November. I learned later that my problem is not an isolated case. When the skin gets itchy due to the cold weather the solution is to rinse the itchy part with tap water (that is surely cold). Even in our tropical country I get that itchy skin during the cold season of December and January. I would go to the bathroom to rinse my skin and in a minute the itch will go away.

We see that during winters, nature gives us a variety of fruits like strawberries, grapes, and oranges that are rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps us have a robust immunity and also to fight all the infections that might come with a cold weather. Nature is smart..it gives the problem and then it has the solution too if we have a closer look. Have plenty of these citrus fruits and strawberries that are available in the winter. They also help us with healthy skin. One tends to drink less fluids during winters and that could be the reason of some problems. Dehydrated skin can be dry and itchy. And dehydrated muscles get pain and cramps. Dehydration also reduces the blood and lymph circulation. So keep yourself hydrated with enough fluid. Hot beverages avd soups not only make you feel better on cold days, they also have health benefits.