Importance of electrolytes in your diet.

During a run or other exercise, when you feel like you ar hitting a wall, look for foods high in carbohydrates you can eat.

For example, you can eat pretzels, bananas, a sandwich of peanut butter and jelly, or energy gels.

Preferably look for foods that contain salt (electrolytes) and avoid foods high in fat and fiber.

Foods that contain a small amount of electrolytes (substances like potassium and sodium that you lose when you sweat)
and caffeine, if consumed, can improve physical performance, thus
that in the long run allows to obtain the desired result.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was scheduled for surgery to remove a cyst under my ears, I had to be under general anesthesia. In such kind of surgery, they test the patient on the night before the surgery. They took blood from me to test. Unfortunately I had low electrolytes due to mild diarrhea. I was actually low sodium. When the patient has low sodium he might have a problem with the anesthesia and there is possibility that he may not wake up. Too bad that the surgery did not push through last July. Now that surgery is scheduled again this month of January.

Diarrhea, no matter how mild, can cause the loss of electrolytes and loss of sodium that needed to be replaced by drinking liquid like Gatorade or Pocari Sweat. Now my plan for the surgery is to be ready with such drinks that I will take when I get confined in the hospital so that the final test will show a good balance in my system.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of the diet needs a nutritionist because he has or she has full information on what we eat during diet and practicing the sports and what we should avoid but people fault is auto medication means google the information which is a false procedure then we could not say if it is a good procedure or not.