Importing Chinese products for competitive prices in the local market

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My cousin was purchasing officer of their company. He goes to China once in a while to scout for factories that are producing the products that they sell. He was also getting the price list of other products just in case he would need. There are so many factories that he visited in his short stay in China.

That’s how he learned that Chinese products are so cheap. One example is the cigarette lighter that costs 7 pesos for the cheapest price here. He can order that from a Chinese factory for 1 peso per piece. A plastic or rubber slippers that costs 250 pesos here is priced at only 40 pesos in the factory. No wonder that I was able to buy a wireless keyboard for $5 that comes with a wireless mouse. It is made in China.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I decided to work online the first thing that came into my mind was opening an online store and acquiring products from Aliexpress or Alibaba to sell through my online store. Aliexpress and Alibaba are very popular Chinese e-commerce marketplaces. However, I dropped the idea of opening an online store.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have actually delved into the Business of buying and selling Chinese cheap products in my country also known as mini importation. On my own but what are you dealt with most was phone accessories like earpiece and replacement batteries. It was not an easy line of business but to be honest it was very well worth it.