In your opinion, what jobs are considered prestigious.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The huge salary pay out of a particular job isn't the only factor that makes a particular job to be considered prestigious, because for something to the prestigious, it simply means that it is highly reputated buy individual members of the public. In my own view and perspective the kind of jobs considered to be very prestigious include, lawyers, English professors, engineers, accountants chartered, accountants and doctors etc. And the reason I consider jobs like this to be very prestigious is because in most organisations whether business or governmental made organisations, there is always rooms for employment of individuals who have gone to school of education's to gain degree for this prestigious jobs listed above.

For example in a hospital which is definitely not a commercial firm, there is always room for an accountant, who is saddled with the responsibility of carrying out the financial records of the hospital in order to determine its financial position and performance. Secondly, in the army barracks which is definitely not a medical firm, there is always room for a doctor, who carries out treatment and healing of wounds of wounded soldiers who possibly are attorneys from war.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In my country, Nigeria, everyone wants to be a medical doctor. They are the most respected members of society. It is like being a doctor means you have made it in life. Other professions that seem prestigious in Nigeria is the legal profession, nursing, engineering, accountancy. They are highly coveted.

However, any profession can be considered prestigious. It actually depends on what you make out of it. When I applied to study Animal Science, by family members all begged me to change the course. I was relentless because I knew where I was going to. Today, I have achieved hings from it. Don't let anyone take you into abandoning your dreams because they feel that it is not prestigious. So I would say that all professions are prestigious. I don't care about popular beliefs. As prestigious as law used to be back in the days, it has so much lost value that people wont even delve in for free.