General insurance Insuring your body parts

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that you can insure your body part. It has been trending for celebrities but the fact is that anyone can take this provided you have the funds needed for the premium.

If you have a body part that is an asset to you like your vocal cord, breast, legs or arms then it will make a lot of sense to insure them against damages or loss. At least you would have what to fall back on financially if anything goes wrong with your money making body parts.

The. Bottom line here is that if you have a business that a specific body part is the money spinning one then it will make sense to insure it to a avoid being financially down when it is damaged.

What do you think?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Honestly have not heard about this kind of insurance before but I think I would have to make research about it. It makes sense for people to insure their body parts especially musicians. this kind of insurance will definitely go a very long way because I have heard about a musician that lost his voice.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Insuring body is some kind of expensive, I mean it is not advisable for a commoner to buy this type of insurance policy, there are two classes of people that I know that purchases it. Firstly, is the celebrity and secondly is the elite or wealthy kinds. Because it is possible not to get injured at the exact sport you insured and you will still have to keep paying your premiums

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I do not think there is insurance policy like that. A body is treated as a whole and not a part. If there is a special part, it will be under health insurance where that particular part will be given utmost attention against may bad incident that may happen to it.

D

Deleted member 51169

I will surely make a short research on this topic and update below. This is what I found out...
According to trusted choice "You've probably heard of singers insuring their vocal cords, athletes covering their arms and legs, and supermodels insuring facial features. If you've been wondering whether you can insure a body part, the answer is yes. But it isn't through your typical insurance company, nor is it a standard policy. For example, Holly Madison, a former Playboy model, insured her breasts for $1 million. Her reason: They're her assets. If something were to happen to them, she could be out of work for months.

For that reason, they're well worth the $1 million policy, considering how much money she could potentially lose. The same applies to any other body part insurance policy."

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah you can insure your body part against any form of risk that might likely happen to it , but that's under health and it's just specific , I don't think any insurance company really have cover for such type of insurance , because it's under health insurance already I think

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think the insurance on body parts is a special insurance that is designed specifically for celebrities. The actor Marilyn Monroe was said to have insured her legs, if I am not mistaken. There is also a singer whose voice was insured. But I have not heard or read of claims for such an insurance maybe because that type of insurance is rare.