Introverts vs Extroverts: Who have more chances of becoming rich?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This is a very good topic that has been ringing in my head and I decided it would be nice to have different views from this forum before arriving at a general conclusion.

The fact is that individuals have got different potentials, not with standing whether they are introverts or Extroverts. But I want us to share our ideas on this on the basis of what we may have observed in our societies and all that .

Personally, I believe that introverts have got more potentials of becoming rich and successful than Extroverts. Much of what we enjoy today in our so called developed world were results of introverted scientists and entrepreneurs in the years last before now. This is a fact that I think trying to argue it would not be logical at all.

Below are some of my reasons.

1. Introverts can stay indoors and acquire all of the skills they need to Succeed and make as much money, unlike Extroverts that are not having that capacity to settle down in one place, and may consider it boring.

2. Introverts have enough time for themselves to think and come up with very bright money making ideas.

3. Most rich men today are introverts: Bill Gates, Elon musk, etc

What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing, the world is completely unpredictable and there is no possibility of a single individual having a huge possession of introversion with no little possibility of extraversion , and as such even though someone may be introvert , the person can still be an extrovert depending on the environment he or she is , Based on your explanation I believe it is quite possible for any of them to really makes money .

Looking at it with a general point of view I believe that extroverts are likely to succeed more than introvert .

And extrovert can easily mixed up with people and from there they can just proceed in their life and connect with people that could easily change their life , whereas introvert in the other and will likely want to stay indoors probably to engage in one online business or the other they likes and that is not really the best .

At least no matter how Rich you are , you still have to mix up with some people to really understand what is happening, you can't really exist on the world alone without having friends just like most introvert will do .

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, life can sometimes be unpredictable and the very person you're looking down on might tommorow be above everyone and that's when you will be away of what potentials the person has been hiding all these will.
Without causing much confusion, I would say that the extroverts stand a better chance of making it in life because it will be unwise of anyone to look down on the gift of association. You circle is what builds you and give you direction in life and will drag you along with them to your goal even when you feel like quiting and giving up.
There's a saying that if you have around five intelligent people, you will become the six intelligent person. If you hang around five billionaires, you will become the sixth billionaire. And if you hand around five useless people, you become the six useless person. So association really plays an important role in a person's life and we should be conscious about that and this is in favour of the extroverts.
There's also a saying that the person that will help you in life is someone you don't know and this is in favour to the introverts. But generally, the extroverts stand a better chance in this case.

Kendy

Verified member
The ability to have more money is not related to being an introvert or extrovert. Judging from what I even see around me, most introverts are making more money silently and achieving a lot for themselves without necessarily making. There's an adage that says, "empty barrels make the loudest noise." I'm not in anyway saying that extroverts are noise or loud makers but I prefer my successes ring a bell for itself. I have been friends with both introverts and extroverts and I can tell you that those extroverts are just social bees and some of them do not have the wisdom of making good decisions and they lack the ability to manage their funds. They make excuses upon excuses. Introverts are keen observers who are so technical in their thoughts, they see opportunity even in the midst of challenges. For me, I am an ambivert, which is a person who is neither clearly extroverted or introverted, but has characteristics of each. Well, these may just be speculations as this does not apply to all individuals of both characteristics. The most important is to find active ways of making money and live beyond you means by applying the scale of preference.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Life is sometimes funny. And life happens to us when what we are not planning for happen. Before I opened this thread, my mindset was telling me that the poster will surely pick extrovert for some reasons like meeting new people as he socializes, expresses himself and the likes but I am was wrong.

Personally, the two to me, have equal chances. They have the same opportunities facing them. It will now depend on how well they can utilize those opportunities. For instance, an extrovert has the opportunity of meeting new people, interact with different mindsets and expressively express his ideas on new things which may make him climg to the ladder of success easily and earlier.

On the other hand, introvert will have muh information based on the books he has read, we have better idea based on the fact that he listens more than talking. But do this things matter? No. They only make it work when they put them into practice. Tt poster mentioned Elon Musk, Bill Gates and the likes as some introvert that are rich. There are extrovert that are stinkingly rih too, and among them is former president of the United States of America, Donald Trumps.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Whatever your personality is whether you are an introvert or an extrovert as long as you have the right mindset toward business and making money you are indeed on the lane of being successful . A lot of people on seeing this thread topic will irrationally say that extroverts have the potential of being rich because of your confident and outgoing attitude or behaviour , well no doubt having a confident and outgoing attitude is essential for business activities but on the other hand introvert whose personality are known for being reserved , and more mentally strategized are able to come up with more creative business ideas unlike extrovert .

If you think about it most individuals who own big industries and commercial enterprises and who are known for their talent in the music or theatre at industries yesterday and today and mostly introvert . For example Michael Jackson who was a Disco dancer and a hip-hop music singer was an introvert . He clearly made it known on TV during an interview with a journalist that he was an introvert . Also the CEO of Facebook mark Zuckerberg and the CEO of Tesla Elon musk were all considered to be introverts . I am not trying to say that extroverts are not among the most popular successful people in the world , off course they are! but because they get easily picked on when it come to successfulness I want to point out that introverts too are also successful .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a case of different strokes for different folks but making money to be isn't about personality stuff it more about critical thinking abd taking action. Yes I agree with you that introverts thinks deep because I'm one and got a friend that is same and we think very deep which help us stay away from mistakes that other people openly make. but when It comes to Money making it is a different ball game.

Business for me suit best for outgoing personality though it isn't absolute. A lot of times a lot of things I do online I can't do them offline because I'm not that sociable but same itsnt with an extroverts, they can interact any where they find themselves, no shyness or feeling guilty.

Marketing a business needs outgoing people and that can't work with introverted people. So I think extroverts would make more money if they try to dive into any kind of business that needs meeting people on the daily

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You only mention of only two rich men like the Bill Gates and Elon musk but there are so many other people that are extrovert and they are really making a lot of money , personally I am an extrovert so I believe extrovert are likely to make more money compared to introvert because an extroverted person can likely interact with other people and at least they can be able to flow with people and that and really exposed them to so many earning opportunities. While In the other hand the other person which is an introvert will only stays at home without getting or having interest in mixing up with people around the world.

In most cases some introvert are always extremely intelligent and some people and business organisation or certain field will always require an introvert such as the medical field because those are the people that can put more concentration to achieve whatever is needed for them to become a full professional on the area they have choosen to explore . They can really control their friends and interaction because they naturally do not involve or deal with so much people so they have time to achieve whatever they need.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Any of them can be rich. Well, It is a common belief that extroverts are more likely to become rich than introverts. The idea stems from the assumption that extroverts are more outgoing, social, and assertive than introverts. In fact, many people believe that introverts are only successful when they act like extroverts. However, there is evidence that suggests this isn't true.

In fact, there's a lot of research to suggest that introverts actually have an advantage when it comes to becoming rich. For example, one study showed that introverts were more likely to be self-sufficient and motivated by money. The study found that "the most financially successful people tend to be those who are self-motivated." This means that introverts can be very focused on what they want--and they'll work hard to achieve it.

Extroverts also tend to spend money on themselves instead of saving it(individual retirement accounts). This means that their savings will not grow as fast as an introvert's savings account would over time. All in all, it seems as though introverted personalities may have some advantages but extroverts too can easily make connections that can totally change their life for good.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I will say when it comes to making money online introvert takes the day because they actually do not like going out to mix up with people and do things with people because they like being on their own. We can see from the likes of introvert is like Elon musk or Bill Gates because they were able to create something magnificent in their free time.

Personally I am an introvert sometimes because I like my space and I don't like mixing up with people all the time. I actually do not like 9 to 5 jobs because I have not really done that before. Staying on your own and practicing a particular online venture or a particular thing will gives you mastery over it and with time you will see yourself excelling.

There are also extroverts that have really made something magnificent for themselves on the internet but the fact that introverts can stay at a place for a long time without feeling lonely gives him an edge. I have come across someone who is quite an extrovert and he said that the reason he does not like to work online is because he likes meet people and socialize. This may actually not be the case for an introvert.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
On hearing the topic of this thread I believe a lot of people will go for extrovert as being the ones that are more likely to get rich but that is no doubt that extroverts due to their confidence and unshaken hope and believe possibly in things that this see prove to happen and possibly in areas of financial and monetary related things and items they could be the ones to be more likely to get rich but as for a introvert majority of people believe that due to their shyness and timidness they would not be able to harness the power of being rich at all . But that is not actually true , personally I believe that both extroverts and introverts have the capability and the ability to become rich themselves it all depends on how necessary and important they planned their past that totally determines their future .

There is literally no individual whether an extrovert or introvert that is determined to be rich and wealthy rather the ability of an individual to be rich and wealthy despite his status and personality totally depends on how important and necessary he or she actually plans his or her past that totally determines his or her future whether he or she will be wealthy or not .

blessingc

This is a serious topic, thinking about it alot of things comes to mind. Bother are good business people in different ways, they add up to businesses in different ways their own unique ways. Introverts are known to be shy, weird, snobbish people so it is seen that they cannot perform well in a business environment where interaction is really needed for effective administration of business. Nevertheless, they are incredible people when it comes to wonderful business ideas and solutions, they are really a good set of creative beings, in their quietness, they create great ideas, good projects, they think far and wide, they are really good thinkers, and should be needed in a business setting. They can do well in a business environment, they can make a business stand out and they can do alot of business management.

Extroverts on the other hand are great business entities too, they are the marketers, good interactive people, they make good customer care attendants. They make a business lively, they make communication a normal thing in business, they make business fun and they motivate others to work. Moreso, they can stand and play real good roles when it comes to having leading roles or positions in business.,

Impetrate

I think being rich has a little to do with introversion or extroversion. These are just personality traits and they don’t really define someone’s success rate. If you have knowledge and skills which can take you to the top then you will get rich whether you are an introvert or extrovert.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Personally, I really don't think that being rich depends on these personalities. Wealth comes from so many sources, not just from being talkative and loud or not. Wealth mostly comes from being a strategic person such that you look for ways to develop wealth and work hard at reaching it. Though sometimes you may get rich through inheritance. But for you to stay wealthy, you still need a mindset that knows how to use money to maintain more money.

Personalities do help sometimes when you are in your journey of looking for wealth. For example being an extrovert will make you meet so many people, build connections and come across many opportunities. Just for being talkative and ready to try things out, get into relationships and friendships could earn you wealth.

I agree with your argument of how an introvert can become wealthy. They just stay indoors and study skills that enables them to sell and get wealth. They also don't get into as much trouble like extroverts do.

But still for each of these personalities, you need to understand yourself well and use that self awareness well in order to gain wealth. If you are an extrovert, you can use your personality intentionally to earn as many customers as you can.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah even though personalities might not be what should be used to measured ones ability at wealth but you wouldn't also deny the fact that to a large extent your personality will also control the way you live your life. An introverted person don't have that time much to socialize which takes a lot of one's productive time. I have a sister that's an extrovert and she spend a lot of her time on things that wouldn't be profitable to her in the long run. When you think of having the ability to meet people because you are an extrovert but that alone wouldn't help you if you don't sit down to analyze and criticize an idea well to come up with factors that will hinge you towards success.

The truth is that ideas conceived would remain in ones head and it can only be actualized and won at if it is actually put to use. So extroverts might meet with people that will help them become rich since they are a lot social able but it is to sit and put it to work that will make you become rich which is where the strength of the introverts lies.