Introverts Vs. Extroverts: Who's More Likely To Get Rich?

Introverts Vs. Extroverts: Who's More Likely To Get Rich?

This is a very good topic that got stuck in my head, and I decided it would be good to look further into this forum before coming to a general conclusion.

In fact, people have different choices, not in status but in being introverted or extroverted. But we see it in our community and I'd like to share our thoughts on it when I've seen it all.

Personally, I think that introverts are more likely to be rich and successful than extroverts. Much of what we experience today in our so-called developed world is the result of introverted scientists and entrepreneurs over the years. That's what I don't think is too reasonable to try not to understand with it.

Here are some of my reasons:

1. Introverted people can stay at home and experience all the skills they need to succeed and make as much money as possible, unlike suburban people who can't stay in one place and find it boring.

2. Introverts have plenty of time to think and come up with really smart ideas to make money.

3. Most rich people today are introverted: Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and so on.

What do you think?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
A lot of individuals are more forced and readily able to choose an extrovert being an individual who is more likely to get rich than to an introvert . There is absolutely no doubt in the fact that introverts are totally unshaken and unafraid individually minded individuals , and because of this they are more likely to take risk to be financially successful than compared to how an introvert would have actually handle the matter . But let us not forget that majority of rich and prominent individuals that we know of today are mostly introverts some which include Jeff bezos , Elon musk , bill gates , and Michael Jackson etc . All these individuals are been proven to be introverts possibly in their biographies and autobiographies , but yet they have the opportunity and privilege to control the riches and wealth of the world .

Sometimes it's not all about being bold and being unafraid in order to take the risk as a result of the confident behaviour and attitude that you have but sometimes is all about meditating and following the footsteps of others in order to accomplish what they also accomplished could be the way of being financially free and that is exactly what happened in the case of Jeff bezos etc . According to his biography it was seen that despite many failures in order to aspire in life what actually made him succeed was by following the footsteps of others and not feeling over confidence in his own thoughts and belief .

There's a common belief that in order to become successful, you have to be an extrovert. But a recent study shows that this might not be the case. In fact, introverts may actually have an edge when it comes to making money.

The study, which was conducted by researchers at Vanderbilt University and the University of Toronto, looked at the relationship between personality and wealth. What they found was that introverts were more likely to be high earners than extroverts.

So what accounts for this discrepancy? The researchers say that it has to do with how the two personality types approach risk . Extroverts are more likely to take risks, which can lead to big rewards but also big losses. Introverts, on the other hand, are more cautious and tend to avoid risky situations. As a result, they're less likely to lose money and more likely to amass wealth.

There are a few caveats to this study. First of all, it's based on self-reported data, so it's possible that introverts are just more likely to be honest about their income than extroverts. Additionally, the study looked at only two personality traits – introversion and risk propensity – so it's not necessarily indicative of how all introverts and extroverts behave when it comes to money.

That said, the findings do have some truth to them. Introverts often have a better sense of judgement and tend to be more analytical than extroverts, which can lead to greater financial stability. So if you're an introvert, don't let anyone tell you that you can't be successful.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I didn't need to even read your own views before I concluded with introverts. These are people that take out time because they don't even have a busy schedule to start with to think things through before acting upon it. Introverts are people that thinks deep and when they do they come up with ways by which they can be very rich and of course from experience this is the truth

I totally agree with your analysis of why you think introvert will be richer. if you look at it critically introverts are the ones that even the ones that spend less. But extroverts since they are the outgoing type do have numerous friends the ones that are good or just there. And with these numbers of friends spending on them will take a lot from them. An introvert will make 1 million dollars since with an extrovert but be rest assured that the introvert might have about 50% of that money remaining while the extrovert might just have less than 10% left . With this illustration you would know who will be able to survive in a tight period like during inflation or when there's a recession. So introverts are bound to make more money.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is a nice point of view no doubt , but we have to put so many things into consideration before deciding which one is much likely to be richer than the other. In as much as people are extrovert and introvert , we also have to understand that extrovert too may have advantage over the other and also the other way around because we can't possibly tell which one would likely succeed base on this fact alone.

I can also prove to you that extrovert are also likely to succeed more in life in the sense that they can engage in business or establish a huge business organisation. Since they are outspoken and interactive , they can use this ability to engage in business and make the best out of the business to a point that they are Rich and comfortable in their life with their business alone.

Some of the scientist you are talking about are not rich as you might be thinking , they are only able to invent things that really help humanity, except few which you have mentioned above like Elon Musk and Bill Gates.

All I can say is that anyone can be rich both introvert and extrovert , all these things depend on what you are capable of doing.

Shaf

Verified member
At first glance, one may think that introverts would be more likely to succeed in business than extroverts, but that may not always be the case.
There are some businesses that do require being an extrovert as the manager to succeed while some can be run by introverts.

For example, running a circus or entertainment center or agency would best be done by someone who has no issues interacting with others. On the other hand, running a computer or intelligence based business would probably be more successful when you have people who prefer to spend time in front of a screen working there.

What this means in short is, it depends on the niche and the requirements for the business to succeed.

Also remember that every business needs marketing and interaction with humans at a point so even introverts would have to learn some sort of social skills if they want to run a business for long.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't think this factors should be put into consideration because with this you cannot accurately predict who will be richer than the other. Richness will be determined by so many things and in most cases people you believe will be richer may not be and people you don't believe are likely to be rich the one to afford everything they need in life..

We understand extroverts to be people who are outspoken , friendly and can easily get along in a crowded society. This may offer greater advantage in the sense that they will be introduced to so many different opportunities if they are to deal outside.

Staying indoor and not wanting to associate with people mostly is a characteristic of an introvert ,, well they will be limited to certain things and information that will likely help them achieve greater success in life. But That does not mean that a lot of introverts are likely to be indoor all the time.

Sikapa

Verified member
Well, let me say you are somehow right about your opinion on who can get rich between introvert and extrovert. But what I can say is although online likes mingling with more people and therefore can also spend more money with more people while one likes keeping himself or herself indoors. But this can never determine who is more likely to be rich.

There are so many extroverts out there who are financially rich. Most extroverts are rich too because the have time to learn new skill and how to make money from other people. This is of no doubt at all and I think you can even name more. Is will be more better to find the statistics of who get more rich between introvert and extrovert. I hope I'm making myself clear here because many people are also rich and they are extroverts. By the way I like this your discussion.