Is age a job qualification factor.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
How will you feel in the situation , when you go for a job applicant interview and after correctly and accurately answer the interviewers questions that was asked or thrown to you , the interviewer or employer then tells you that you cannot be employed because of your age but rather another individual or job applicants whose age is older than yours will be employed to take the reserved position . Trust me this situation will be so devastating , remorseful , and disappointing especially after wasting your energy to answer most of the interviewer's questions thinking you are the one to get the job . It is high time that business owners or business employers know that gone are the days when age was seen as a barrier on who get employed in a job and who doesn't . an individual who is said to advance in age should not be considered as more knowledgeable and not suitable to occupy a job opportunity than someone who is off a younger age .

We must understand that fools and coward also age too , I'm so you can't guarantee that someone that is advancing age is way more better than someone that is young in age . Business employers shouldn't be partial when employing business employees and workers rather they must give a job to an individual all job applicants who undoubtedly deserves it .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
This happens in Nigeria and I'm sure it does in some other countries. Mostly, you can have employment if you are under 30 years of age. I would have said the idea is meaningless, but is not for employers in concern. It's their job, it's their choice.

If we say age is a job qualification factor because, in general, older people are not agile enough to work for a long time or in favorable view, old people have more experience than younger people.

As people get older, they go through more experiences that help them learn about the world. They also tend to have more education, which gives them a better understanding of the world. All of this helps older people become better workers who can produce more quality work in less time than younger workers.

This isn't to say that young people aren't good workers: I've worked with many young people who are just as intelligent and capable as older workers, and sometimes even more so. The problem is that it's difficult for an employer to know who those young people are without being able to interview every candidate for the job. That would be prohibitively time-consuming and expensive for most employers, especially when they can simply assume that older workers are more qualified by virtue of their age.

Ajebo25

Verified member
Age is an important factor when it comes to job because not every job is meant for every age some jobs are good for old and experienced people and some are good for young lad sometimes tge age determine the production speed as young people are strong and agile that old people