Is Begging For Alms A Way To Fund A Business?

Bisolami

Verified member
The topic of this article may seem to be funny but it is the truth. If you begin to ask people how they were able to go about funding their businesses, you will get a lot of responses that may be hilarious and some of them may be very annoying. Out of all, the one I dislike most is when someone takes a loan for a business. It is normal but taking loan for a new business is bad. Let us go back to the topic.

There are so many people put there who beg for alms. In a few months, you will realize that they have now opened a store somewhere and they have their business. There are even some people who still beg for alms and have a business at the same time.

Begging for alms is a disgracing thing which I will not advise anyone to do but some people do it just because they need money to start their business. Firstly, it is something that I will never want to engage myself in. Also, it is something that I don't think you can make a lot of money from so I think it is just better to look for other ways of funding your business instead of begging for alms.

What do you feel about this?

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
No, I would think that begging for meager alms on the street would be neither a good way of bringing in funds into the business, nor would it be sustainable. The availability of the amount needed to start up a new business may have its own challenges for a new entrepreneur and these solutions includes self-sponsorship through personal savings, bank loans, contributions from friends and family, public funding campaigns through a crowdfunding website, business incubator programmes, venture capitalists, angel investors, partnerships and business plan competitions. Tat's, of course, along with these paths, persistence, and creativity are the main pillars not a way of just cocking on strangers wallet.