Is it impossible to learn fashion design entirely from youtube?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I know the benefits of YouTube in helping people learn. Most artisans and skilled people like fashion designers, decorators, upholstery makers, etc go to YouTube to learn one or two things about their trade. And I heard it pays off.

Assuming a person wants to be a fashion designer and does not have the money to register for a training program. Is it possible that the person can learn everything that he/she is to learn about fashion design from YouTube? I heard that there are some trades that no matter how much you learn online, it is impossible to master it without someone physically putting you through. And fashion design is one of those trades. How true is this assertion? What if you are a very sharp person that can pick up things easily? With a smartphone and data, can't someone become a successful fashion designer? Please share your views.

E

eldavis

Hmm, personally i feel there is notting impossible if you actually set your heart to it. Like myself for example, i wont actually call myself a professional in graphic design, as i believe there are still so many things i need to learn, but most of the things i have learnt, i got them either through YouTube or a video of someone doing it. Watching YouTube alone won't help, it would be alot easier if you also have your tools with you that you can use in practicing. You will definitely make mistakes though but keep trying, keep making does errors but with time you will definitely get there.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well , it is not the best , though you could learn some things but learning everything entirely on YouTube is not the best option because no matter how you are going to learn on YouTube you will not be able to get enough idea needed to effectively design clothes and sew it to your customer satisfaction . There are so many things that you needs to learn practically and see it as they are being done and you also partake in the whole thing.

Well the best thing I advise you to do is that you have to try as much to raise money and partake in the normal training offline . That will be the best and you can master the whole thing perfectly.

YouTube can only help you get attractive design depending on what you want and this design you can be getting on YouTube would help you improve your sewing skills.