Is it possible to start a business with little or no money?

King bell

VIP Contributor
Yes, it is possible to start a business with little or no money.

First, you will need to start a business with the help of your friends or family. You can save money by creating products yourself, or by purchasing wholesale and reselling them. You may also want to offer services instead of products. For example, you can offer to clean other people's houses. You'll have to do the work yourself, but you can charge for it by providing a service or product that is extremely useful. If you do this well, you can eventually turn your cleaning business into a full-time job.

Once the business is started, it's important to start a website and blog so that visitors can learn about your services or product and make purchases online. Also, put up flyers in neighborhoods where people are likely to read newspapers or magazines and pass them around your neighborhood. Make sure that your website or blog clearly states how much it costs for you to purchase your products or services, so that potential customers will know exactly how much they should expect to pay.

Second, you can start a business without any money by selling products online. You will probably need a website to sell your products because consumers are more likely to buy things they can find on websites. You'll also need to create social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to gain followers. These accounts may have a large following already if you use the right usernames and hashtags.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely possible to start a business with little or no money. But you need to invest money, in order to scale your business. For example, you can organize a yard sale and sell your used items. This does not cost you any money, but lets you make money by selling things you do not need. However, can you actually make money through this method for a long time? Well, you might have to buy items from a thrift store, or create your own products through art and crafts to sell products. You can start Print-On-Demand with zero cost, however, in order to generate sales, you will have to spend money on marketing and advertising. You can sell products (used products) for free on online marketplaces, but you will ultimately have to spend money on creating or sourcing products to sell. No matter your business type, you need to spend money.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you for the explanation , all the ways you mentioned could be used to establish a business just like you said but at the same time it is not really easy as most people will be thinking because establishing a business in this way may not be an easy way most especially when you don't have enough capital.

Let's just face the reality . In situations in which you do not have the required money needed to establish a business then obviously you do not also have the money needed to even take care of yourself and the little money you'll be earning is what you'll be using in taking care of yourself . With this organising some savings will definitely take a long time for you to saved and realise a reasonable capital for establishment of business.

I suggest that instead of looking for ways to establish a business without capital we should look for ways to work hard and raise more money. That's what matters.

Heartstrings

The very possible one in my own opinion is starting up a business with little money. Business grows with time. For instance you can save up some money,even if it's little. It can help with something. Like selling of little items,the more profits you make,the more you save up and expand your business. Infact family can help you with any little means,a good friend can also help you out.

Starting up a business with no money is also possible in a way. You can just log into online forum, write a story post it,along the way you Will start selling via email, WhatsApp as PDF. Start saving up and before you know it,you will publish one of your books. Don't be surprised it's what I have done before,it is so a good business on it's own,it Will also help you with how you interact and your use of English. So it is safe to say you can start up a business with little or no money.

HeavLeighGill

Depends on the business and what you're doing. For example, a home-based business isn't going to include any extra rent costs. If you start out doing it yourself, then there are no employees to pay. If you're starting a brick and mortar business, a lot more costs go into it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Probably it could be possible to other people but for me I don't have any intention of starting up a business without money because I will just consider that to be a stress in my life because the possibility of having a reasonable business and at the same time earn a reasonable profit may not be there ..

I cannot start up a business that I have to stress myself so much to make it comes to standard . If I am interested to start up a business now I have to raise the required money needed to start up that business to a successful stage..

I could understand a situation that people can get a loan to start a business of their choice but definitely the possibility of starting up a business without a single capital is not available . Except you only want to deal with services alone which will still need some sort of capital.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Can you start a business with little or no money?
The answer depends on the business niche and business size. If you want to start an online business, there are numerous business models that can be started with little or no money. If you use a third party ecommerce platforms to sell your products and services, you can start with little or no money. If you want to start selling on your own site, you might have to spend moderate amount to create a website and market the website to generate sales. However, in order to grow your business you might have to spend some money even if you started the business with little or no investment. Let's say you started a dropshipping business with a little money, in order to sell products, you might have to spend money on marketing. If you want to sell through social media, you will need to spend money to build followers.

kriptopoulin

Can you start a business with little or no money?
The answer depends on the business niche and business size. If you want to start an online business, there are numerous business models that can be started with little or no money. If you use a third party ecommerce platforms to sell your products and services, you can start with little or no money. If you want to start selling on your own site, you might have to spend moderate amount to create a website and market the website to generate sales. However, in order to grow your business you might have to spend some money even if you started the business with little or no investment. Let's say you started a dropshipping business with a little money, in order to sell products, you might have to spend money on marketing. If you want to sell through social media, you will need to spend money to build followers.
I agree with you; all you need to do is be consistent in what you do.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You can start a business with or without any money both online and offline by selling products. You will probably need to start with drop shipping online to sell your products because consumers are more likely to buy things they can find being advertised

Just registered with the company to start doing affiliate marketing or drop shipping for them. This one you don't need to buy anything just post your links everywhere let a person buys through your link and you would make money

Just like offline approach those that have been selling these things and asked them to give you goods to sell to pay later