Is Receiving payment through PayPal possible in Nigeria?

Icon

Ever since I have been hearing about PayPal and how popular it is I have never used or try to use it until recently when I started searching for online jobs, most of these online paying site pay strictly by PayPal and if you don't have a PayPal account no need to register because you won't get paid, so I tried to create a PayPal account which I can use to send and receive payment but it didn't work , then I made some research and found out that PayPal don't offer %100 of their services to people in Nigeria but some how some people are still Receiving payment through PayPal here in Nigeria and I can't help but wonder how is that possible? Please if any one has ever managed to receive payment through PayPal here in Nigeria, I would really like you to share your methods with us, thank you

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is possible to open a PayPal account in Nigeria. but the type you are going to open in the country does not come with full function. The Nigerian version of paypal can only send fund but you cannot receive fund with it. The Only Way Out is to open foreign country PayPal account particularly the one in African countries. People are open Lesotho PayPal and it is working fine. That one comes with full function and you can receive fund with it.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The way people has set up it's services in Nigeria is in such a way that you cannot be able to receive funds but you can be able to send to many country successfully.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can only buy things with Nigerian PayPal. If you want a full functioning PayPal account, you need to open foreign country PayPal account. If you have a relative in advanced country like United States Canada Australia etc, you can ask them to open a functioning PayPal account on your behalf and use it to receive payment. There are some exchanges who will receive PayPal funds and give you local currency in Nigeria.