Is The Transportation Cost Covered By Your Company?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a country where they do not care about employee rights. I am also not sure if the country actually has laws when it comes to employees. I had a job at a company and they used to pay $100 in a month. They also used to deduct salary if a person arrive late for the job. They merely gave $12 as allowance to cover transportation cost and this is actually a big joke. I used to spend a total of $20-$25 a month on average on transportation when I used to work there. This means that I was actually paying from my own pocket. I live in a country where employees and workers are exploited really badly. What about you? Is The Transportation Cost Covered By Your Company?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most private companies in my country don't care about your transportation. And the fact is that, they do deduct of you come late as well. The best thing is to rent a house near one is working, this will save more money that will be spending on fare in most cases.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't know if there is a company here that provides allowance for the expense for transportation. Usually the salary covers everything from the living allowance to the cost of travel. But for a consultant (in a higher position) they are given a car with free gasoline and sometimes even the accommodation is provided by the company.

S

Samto90

Well most of the companies here doesn't care about expenses for transportation, they believe the salary giving to employees has taking care of all their expenses which does not, in fact worker will do additional work with no incentive for it. Consultancy firm's in the built environment uses fresh graduate as if they are trash with low income every month. Being your own CEO is the best.

Ummigal

I don't currently work for a company but the company I used to work sadly doesn't pay for the cost of transportation and I happen to lice several kilometers away from my workplace. The salary was meagre and if I were to remove the cost of transportation and feeding at the end of the day I'd end up with close to nothing.. That was all the all the motivation I needed to leave.