Learn how to take losses in an investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Forex is no doubt a risky venture and when you are about trading, you should have at the back of mind that losses are possible just as you aim to make profit. When the bad comes , take it in good faith, don't be a cry baby.

The ability to take losses is the onus that financial should be aware of. You must know how to take losses if you want to be a successful trader. Your market predictions can't be right all the time.

The big names in the business world lose sometimes. The Warren Buffet , Elon Musk of our time losses sometimes, as no one is perfect.

However, there are times when you will pull successful trades consecutively and when that happens, believe that loss will come someday. If it comes, take a break until you have regained a clear mind and the ability to think again.

The key is to stop trading when you record a loss before a small losses becomes a big one

Losses are unavoidable. Get over the loss and move on to the next trade.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Definitely we should always be prepared for any loss that comes our way. If you are running a business and you have been making profits, then you should be an expectant of loss. And if the loss come, then you have to suck it up. Lol. But I doubt if all those big names you mentioned there, are really incurring losses as you think. Be it Warren Buffet, Elon, Bill Gates and the rest. This people's influence can make them millions of dollars any time. I don't think you know the kind of influences this people carries around.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When doing business, it doesn't matter about loss at some point. Losses are now during business run in, its never a failure to encounter a loss at some point on our business career. But ability to make amend and find solutions to avoid more disheartening losses to improving with profits makes us heading to the top. The profit side is what defines our business the more.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
So many people do not understand this and would always think that they need to continue making Profits only, but they usually get disappointed whenever they make significant loss when trading. The best thing to do whenever one is losing is to assess themselves and understand what is actually wrong. Learning from a single loss would help to avoid future losses.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Definitely we should always be prepared for any loss that comes our way. If you are running a business and you have been making profits, then you should be an expectant of loss. And if the loss come, then you have to suck it up. Lol. But I doubt if all those big names you mentioned there, are really incurring losses as you think. Be it Warren Buffet, Elon, Bill Gates and the rest. This people's influence can make them millions of dollars any time. I don't think you know the kind of influences this people carries around.
Loss is inevitable in any business. The ability to manage the loss when it comes is what is paramount. Tell me the business that is resistance to losses, obviously, It doesn't exist. All successful businessmen will tell you that they lose some times. The SpaceX billionaire Elon Musk recorded a 10% loss in its bicoin assets during China crackdown

When doing business, it doesn't matter about loss at some point. Losses are now during business run in, its never a failure to encounter a loss at some point on our business career. But ability to make amend and find solutions to avoid more disheartening losses to improving with profits makes us heading to the top. The profit side is what defines our business the more.
It's never a failure when you incur some losses in your in your business, it becomes a failure when you can not find a lasting solution inorder to avoid further losses in the future. It becomes a failure when you allow small loses turn to big losses, becoming uncontrollable. I have not seen a business that is 100% perfect.

So many people do not understand this and would always think that they need to continue making Profits only, but they usually get disappointed whenever they make significant loss when trading. The best thing to do whenever one is losing is to assess themselves and understand what is actually wrong. Learning from a single loss would help to avoid future losses.
When you pulled a successful trade consecutively, expect loss to come knocking once in a while. Trade is defined by profit and loss but to be a successful trader, the profit you make should be more than the loss incurred. Knowing that losses is part of business will help you manage it when it looms.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Loss is inevitable in any business. The ability to manage the loss when it comes is what is paramount. Tell me the business that is resistance to losses, obviously, It doesn't exist. All successful businessmen will tell you that they lose some times. The SpaceX billionaire Elon Musk recorded a 10% loss in its bicoin assets during China crackdown
Seriously, they are experiencing loss too. Everyone does, it's just how we brace ourselves up that matters most. I think it's the loss that we have that shows us another route to bringing in profits to cover for our loss. But talking about all this big whales, I will still say it again, this people can make profit at will. If they experience any loss that's out of their control, then they will bring in profits, within there control. Eg when Musk uses his influence to hike the price of Doge coin, can you ever imagine, how much money he would make at that time?

Robson Dey

Loosing money is a common thing in forex market. Even those who are professional in forex market also loss money in forex market. But if you are wise enough to make a good choice loss can be recovered and you can get profit from you investment. A lot of people don't show interest on investing in forex market just because of the fear of loosing money.
If you have faced problem to decide what is good for you, you can take help of the good broker existed in the forex market. I always take help from Forex4you to take any decision of investment. they help me to execute my plan and make profit. After joining with them, I never loose my money.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Seriously, they are experiencing loss too. Everyone does, it's just how we brace ourselves up that matters most. I think it's the loss that we have that shows us another route to bringing in profits to cover for our loss. But talking about all this big whales, I will still say it again, this people can make profit at will. If they experience any loss that's out of their control, then they will bring in profits, within there control. Eg when Musk uses his influence to hike the price of Doge coin, can you ever imagine, how much money he would make at that time?
I quite agreed with your gesture. When you record losses in your business, it will help you learn more and know more about the investment. Losses forms an important integral of running a successful business because it allow you have more experience around the business. Elon musk's Tesla made a profit of 10 billion dollars in bitcoin trading

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It's never a failure when you incur some losses in your in your business, it becomes a failure when you can not find a lasting solution inorder to avoid further losses in the future. It becomes a failure when you allow small loses turn to big losses, becoming uncontrollable. I have not seen a business that is 100% perfect.
Sure, no business is certified 100% flawless, even Elon musk and Jeff Bezos experience loss at times, but their consistency takes them making huge profit that covers their loss many times and making them more successful. So one mistake or loss can't make us retire on our business. It will only become failure when we abandon it halfway.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Loosing money is a common thing in forex market. Even those who are professional in forex market also loss money in forex market. But if you are wise enough to make a good choice loss can be recovered and you can get profit from you investment. A lot of people don't show interest on investing in forex market just because of the fear of loosing money.
If you have faced problem to decide what is good for you, you can take help of the good broker existed in the forex market. I always take help from Forex4you to take any decision of investment. they help me to execute my plan and make profit. After joining with them, I never loose my money.
That's the notion most of the people have about forex. They prefer cryptocurrency investments not knowing that it's riskier than forex. You can minimise losses in forex by using the sufficient tools in trading. You can set an entry and exit orders to minimise losses. Is forex4you a brokerage? I want to know more about it

Sure, no business is certified 100% flawless, even Elon musk and Jeff Bezos experience loss at times, but their consistency takes them making huge profit that covers their loss many times and making them more successful. So one mistake or loss can't make us retire on our business. It will only become failure when we abandon it halfway.
Well said ! If we have it at the back of our mind that loss is inevitable in a business, then it's a milestone to success. People do not know that loses in business is necessary and very useful tool for you to learn more. It becomes detrimental when we can't control it. Elon lost 10% 0f his bitcoin assets during the crackdown

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well said ! If we have it at the back of our mind that loss is inevitable in a business, then it's a milestone to success. People do not know that loses in business is necessary and very useful tool for you to learn more. It becomes detrimental when we can't control it. Elon lost 10% 0f his bitcoin assets during the crackdown
He suppose to suffer loss too, we aren't the ones who are meant to losing money investing on those coins. He has made lots of people coning to invest in BTC, DOGE, SHIB just to accrue losses after loss. His tweet seems not fetching him the right profit cos the market uncertainty is beyond what he can control.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
He suppose to suffer loss too, we aren't the ones who are meant to losing money investing on those coins. He has made lots of people coning to invest in BTC, DOGE, SHIB just to accrue losses after loss. His tweet seems not fetching him the right profit cos the market uncertainty is beyond what he can control.
Despite the losses that he suffered during the crackdown, I read that Tesla made 10 billion dollars on the long run. The profit he has made before the crackdown was initiated. Overall, he has made a significant gain. So, the loss he suffered have been recovered by the previous gains he made.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Despite the losses that he suffered during the crackdown, I read that Tesla made 10 billion dollars on the long run. The profit he has made before the crackdown was initiated. Overall, he has made a significant gain. So, the loss he suffered have been recovered by the previous gains he made.
Hmm, that's good news for Elon musk and his Tesla motors company, for such successful investment. That's why he's not panicking at all, cos the previous profit got him feeling high. He's just concerned about gos own profit and not even what other investors might be achieving from their investment. I believe he's simply making strategies to pushing his investment up and his dogecoin.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Hmm, that's good news for Elon musk and his Tesla motors company, for such successful investment. That's why he's not panicking at all, cos the previous profit got him feeling high. He's just concerned about gos own profit and not even what other investors might be achieving from their investment. I believe he's simply making strategies to pushing his investment up and his dogecoin.
He is being smart and he is just making his profit coded. Elon is a very smart investor and in think I like the man, he is tagged as being bad because he follow strictly the rule of money. When you follow the rule of money , you not care of how people feel provided all is well with you. That's how it works in the this world

Status
Not open for further replies.