Make Money By Reading Books

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have a good voice, if you have reading skills, and if you are primarily a good English speaker, you can make money by reading books. You can earn $50-$100 per hour just by reading books.

Head over to the website called ACX. This is a website where you can convert text based book into audio books. For this purpose, they hire voice actors. The website provides a platform for writers to convert books into audio books that can be sold on audible, amazon and iTunes. As a voice actor, you make money by reading books and recording yourself as you read. Getting a job is not easy though, you need to audition for the job.

First of all you need to find a project and submit your sample, once approved you can start working. If you do not have voice acting skills, they will even provide you training through a program called ACX University.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi! Thank you very much for your informative thread. To be honest, I have not heard that you can make money in this way. It is an interesting earning method but I think that it will not be very easy for me to convert books into audio books. Nevertheless, I will give it a try because I believe that it is worth it. I may ask some friends of mine who have the skills to help me with this. Thank you very much for sharing this useful information with us.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Reading books is not an easy job, you need voice acting skills. For instance, when you are reading a book so that it could be recorded and converted into an audiobook, you need skills to read dialogues. You might read paragraphs easily but when it comes to narrating dialogues (conversations between the characters in the book) your reading should resemble an actual conversation. I don't understand what I mean, listen to any audiobooks and you will find out the readers are not reading in a sleepy tone, they are actually engaging the listeners through voice acting. If you have voice acting skills, you can also earn by working as a voiceover artist on Fiverr and Upwork. People are charging $20-$30 for 100 words of voiceover. But in most cases, the clients prefer native speakers because they want a global audience for their work. A platform like ACX does not say but they are also looking for someone who uses English as a first language.

Sikapa

Verified member
Thank you for your post which is so useful to good readers. As someone said reading books is not easy thing because the way I see reading a book is like news casters and it needs special skills to do this. Reading a book to get pay will not be an easy job as we can imagine but this does not mean no one can do it because it is also a job for someone.

One thing one has to know is reading a book which they are converting it into audio is something they need a good sweet voice. Yes, voice also count and therefore you have to also think of that. Most people are talented of reading books a remember when we were in school there was a certain girl who was so talented in reading and her voice was also amazing. I believe those people can do that job.