Making Money as a Book Writer

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you have writing skills and if you have the ability to do research, writing can make you a lot of money. There are numerous ways to make money as a writer, however, the best way to do so is by becoming a book writer.

• Do some research and try to find a topic that is not saturated but is in high demand. The best topic is always a micro niche. Use keyword tools to see how much traffic the topic is bringing.
  • Take notes, make points, and draft the chapters so that you can start writing.
  • Write the book. Hire an editor. This is very important because if your book is not professionally edited, readers will be pissed off. Also, hire a professional graphic designer to create a cover for your book
  • There are numerous publishing platforms but try Amazon KDP. You can publish your book as a paperback as well as an ebook without spending a dime.
You might be asking, how do I make money? The answer is marketing and promotion.

Heartstrings

You have a good point and I have always like writing and making researches,I don't just know what hinders me from trying to go deep into it so I can make some money from it but then I got to understand there are some personal life challenges that may be part of it. One of my fears is making errors,bj's alone do put fear in me,i do think,what of after all my efforts and at the end of the day,I end up making minor errors and my work rejected?but then if we don't make mistakes and learn from it,we won't be able to learn more and put more effort.

Writing is a good profession,it doesn't need you to rush the job done,it needs focus and time,be sure of what you are doing,make sure everything is cross check before marketing,else you will end up given yourself a bad name in the field.

uforwealth

Verified member
It is better said than done. Writing books could be one of reliable sources of income. However, one must learn how to write a book that will be liked and bought by a large number of people otherwise, it will be very difficult to make money from book writing.

There are many places to learn how to write books . One of them is Udemy. With their flash sale price, you can get a complete course on how to write and publish books not only on Amazon but also on other e-commerce websites where e-book publishing is allowed for as low as $12.

In addition, you should also learn how to promote or market your books because publishing your books on Amazon is not the end of the process if you want to make a lot of money from book writing.

Use FAcebook, Twitter,Reddit,Whatsapp and other social medial platforms to market and promote your books to the target audience.

Activator230822

Verified member
I too have a passion for writing. I always aspiring to do the writing on the very profitable niche, making money online. However I would like to start with this but my dream on writing career is to write and publish set books. This is because I developed interests in literature during my high school days. I liked the styles of writing novels, the play and the short stories set books. My point on the writing venture it's not based on the aspect of making huge and loads of money but it comes from the desires and passion inside me that really triggers the urge of doing this type of art work. I would like my books to be read by all the students in my country and the whole world at large. Just like I felt thrilled reading other authors works in school let them feel good while reading mine too.

allison001

Verified member
There are several ways for a book writer to make money, including:

1. Book sales: The most direct way to earn money from writing a book is through book sales. Self-publishing platforms such as Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing or Barnes & Noble Press make it easy for writers to reach a large audience and sell their books.
  2. Advance and royalties: If you're traditionally published, you may receive an advance payment against future royalties, which are earned based on the book's sales.
  3. Book adaptations: If your book is successful, it may be optioned for a film or television adaptation, which can earn you significant money.
  4. Speaking engagements: If you're a well-known author, you may be able to earn money by speaking at conferences, events, and other venues.
  5. Teaching and coaching: Some writers earn money by teaching writing classes or offering private coaching sessions.

zillur23

There are several ways to make money as a book writer:

1. Traditional publishing: You can get a publishing contract with a traditional publisher and receive royalties on book sales.
  2. Self-publishing: You can publish your book yourself and keep a higher percentage of the profits.
  3. E-book sales: You can sell digital copies of your book through online platforms like Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
  4. Audiobooks: You can convert your book into an audiobook and sell it through platforms such as Audible.
  5. Book tours and speaking engagements: You can schedule book tours and speaking engagements to promote your book and earn money from ticket sales and speaking fees.
  6. Merchandising: You can sell merchandise related to your book, such as t-shirts, mugs, and other items.
It's important to have a marketing strategy to promote your book and reach your target audience, regardless of the publishing route you choose.

uforwealth

Verified member
In addition you can split your books interested blog posts and rewrite them on your blog. This will save you time and stress involved in creating new content for your blog.