Promised website sale always postponed to the next year

niche

Verified member
Has anyone promised or claimed that they would purchase your website or blog or domain soon and then refused to pay money and get it transferred in their name? I find that foreign customers are usually paying the amount they promised, and getting the domains transferred in their name. However, some high status people in the country are claiming that they will purchase the websites, yet refuse to pay any money or get the websites, domain transferred. They also do not allow me to sell the domains to others, misleading the potential buyers with their fake stories that they own the websites when they have not paid for them.
Some of the officials have been making fake promises for the last decade,and are not purchasing the domains and I am paying the domain renewal fees. Does anyone face a similar problem, when a person claims that he will purchase websites and then refuses to pay any money for the website?

D

Deleted member 28127

To purchase or buy a website you don't have to commit any online transaction, you have to meet the person in real life to complete such kinds of transactions that will be safer to the buyer and the seller of the website, online transfer of website ownership is risky for both of two persons.

niche

Verified member
I have sold a large number of domains to buyers from different countries, all the transactions are online. I have not met any of the buyers personally, but most buyers in other countries are honest and pay as promised. Only the locals falsely claim that they will buy the domains, websites, yet after 11 years, no one has paid any money, though they are making fake claims that they own the websites and are supported by large companies .

D

Deleted member 28127

I have sold a large number of domains to buyers from different countries, all the transactions are online. I have not met any of the buyers personally, but most buyers in other countries are honest and pay as promised. Only the locals falsely claim that they will buy the domains, websites, yet after 11 years, no one has paid any money, though they are making fake claims that they own the websites and are supported by large companies .
This is a common problem for business with friends or relatives or neighbors as it is intended to provide your services for free for them as you are from the same town or the same street this is a common problem worldwide and not in your location, but some buyers that you meet offline may be serious if they are not from the same town so another town.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This has happened to me multiple times. I was trying to sell one of my websites on flippa. A guy offered to purchase my website. I accepted his offer and waited for him to send payment. sadly, he never went forward with the payment, and I had to make a complaint to flippa

niche

Verified member
lamia5765 why do neighbors, relatives and others in the town expect small online business owners to give their websites to everyone for free, when offline business owners are not expected to provide products or services for free? Why are online business owners alone expected to tolerate the exploitation, since they are spending a large amount of time and money to register the domains, develop the websites?

D

Deleted member 28127

lamia5765 why do neighbors, relatives and others in the town expect small online business owners to give their websites to everyone for free, when offline business owners are not expected to provide products or services for free? Why are online business owners alone expected to tolerate the exploitation, since they are spending a large amount of time and money to register the domains, develop the websites?
This is wrong thinking for relatives and neighbors so there is a possibility a great discount means for example you are selling a website for 1000 $ they expect because you are her sister or his brother or his neighbor selling the website with half-price with this known word: We are neighbors. But when you calculate time and energy spent even if website cost is 400 $ then you have to get your margin because you have spent hours in developing different parts add to advertisements cost so total can be 850 $ then he is expected to buy for 500 $ then you will be a loser when establishing such business with relatives.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have never sold any websites and domains, but I have had many clients who offered my jobs, even went ahead with a compact, but later refused to abide the compact and go ahead with the job offer. Some clients explained why they backed down and some did not bother to answer. This happens to everyone.