Quitting smoking permanently

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had been a smoker since I entered college. For more than 30 years nothing worked on me about methods of quitting. There’s the so called cold turkey with symptoms of withdrawal like feeling cold and sweaty with drying mouth. It was no use to quit so I continued smoking until that fateful day of June 29, 2007.

I visited my father who had a cataract operation. He was doing fine and we talked. After sometime I went back to my car and smoked. After a few inhalations of smoke I felt queasy in my stomach that later on I had difficulty in breathing. For fear that I was having a heart attack I talked to God. It might sound funny but I promised God that if I get well I will stop smoking. That night I felt better and I kept my promise to God. Since that day I have not smoked cigarette anymore.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I had been a smoker since I entered college. For more than 30 years nothing worked on me about methods of quitting. There’s the so called cold turkey with symptoms of withdrawal like feeling cold and sweaty with drying mouth. It was no use to quit so I continued smoking until that fateful day of June 29, 2007.

I visited my father who had a cataract operation. He was doing fine and we talked. After sometime I went back to my car and smoked. After a few inhalations of smoke I felt queasy in my stomach that later on I had difficulty in breathing. For fear that I was having a heart attack I talked to God. It might sound funny but I promised God that if I get well I will stop smoking. That night I felt better and I kept my promise to God. Since that day I have not smoked cigarette anymore.

Sometimes we can only change after learning the hard way. I tell people you can’t change anyone perceived habit or lifestyle unless life happens and spin the person 360 degrees like it happened to you. But good that what happened to you happened and now you are better for it. congrats

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That promise you made to tour God made the supreme being to answer your prayer to clear the stomach ache you had back then. Now its time you'll stick to the promise everlasting cos God never like compromising spirit, he'll guide and protect you when you're still keeping to your promise, he loves covenant, and promises that's why he answered your pray. Smoking on its side is injurious, just as health experts say, smokers are liable to die young.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my teens, I smoked at parties. I am also dank. But once I was out of college and was in my professional life I never touched cigarettes and alcohol. When I was working for a company, many times I was offered cigarettes and a glass of wine during the events, or even while pitching ideas, but I always refused.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor

It seems like those people who are addicted to smoking and drinking do not really find it very easy to stop but I always pitied them because if they really understand the Long term consequences of what they are indulging on they will just stop it without even looking at the satisfaction side of what they are drinking and smoking.

Xachima

Smoking is not good thing it doesn't add any benefit to our health instead it endangers the health and a lot of people are adapted to it and it is now difficult for them to abstain from