Reasons why you need a website

Mika

VIP Contributor
I started working online by launching a website. In the beginning, a lot of people said I don’t actually need a website to earn online. As I gained experience, I understood why you actually need a website if you want to build your online carer.

If you also think you don’t need a website to earn online, here are some points to consider:

You are a writer, and a website is a must for a writer either to sell your books or to promote your books. You can even sell your writing services through your website.

You are a marketer, you need a website to market products and services and connect with customers.

You have an offline business, you need a website to build a brand, and promote your services and products, and connect with customers.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Any businessman or any company that does not have online presence will not really make a lot of profit. the advent of the internet and social media has made it a lot easier for people to own social media handles and promote their business online. Owning a website is very important because it gives details about your business and of course you can easily tell people to read about it.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The purpose of the website is not always the same, different websites are created. for different purposes. I am also building a website, the purpose of this is to make my organization's online presence more clear. Our organization is established to work for the handicapped and the needy without becoming a political puppet.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The world is a global market now and in as much websites are created for different purposes, we still need websites for whatever online engagement we may find ourselves. Websites will make many other people around the world to locate us since our business can not be in the many places at the same time. For instance, it is easier for Nigerian to purchase goods being sold in Indian through websites.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We have different functions or purposes why we set up a website. It doesn't necessarily mean, we're setting it up for the sake of blogging to use ads to earn revenue alone. Just as you mentioned, we use it for different purposes like marketing our writing skill, business online and offline and sell our digital or physical products to make money.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Having website is a must, most especially when you want to build an online presence . But most companies no longer have interest in building website. Rather, they prefer to market their products on social media. This will reduce the stress of trying to drive traffic to your site. Social media is like a ready-made. So, it doesn't require much effort to promote your products there.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My friends are telling me to reactivate my blogs. Some say that I should create my own website so I will have the opportunity to sell or to earn from the ads. There are many suggestions because they know that I love writing. I agree that a writer needs a website. However, I want to be just free wheeling freelancer for now.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You should certainly reactivate your blog. Just imagine this. You post on a lot of forums. Your content is interesting. What if somebody wants to read more about you and your content? If you use your blog link as a forum signature, you can easily get traffic to your blog.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have a website where I publish my portfolio, reviews on businesses, products and services. However, I don't use mu website much. I spend more time on my social pages compared to my website. On my social pages I promote businesses and make money from paid posts or sponsored posts.