Robinhood CEO praises Dogecoin

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Vladimir Tenev (Vlad), CEO of popular trading platform Robinhood, is turning into a dogecoin fan.

Vlad has just presented an outline which claims Dogecoin is future currency. This has made Vlad as the second corporate magnet after Tesla Boss Elon Musk, who is supporting Dogecoin.

Screenshot_20220415-220606_Twitter.jpg
Robinhood is currently supporting 11 cryptocurrencies for using digital currency as trading option, This includes Bitcoin, Ethereum, Salona etc., but Vlad choose to use Dogecoin only.. He has informed necessary steps which are required to make Dogecoin for its best use as a payment option.

However, Vlad was not applauded, supporters of other cryptos and anti-crypto people replied in a manner of insult, yet such behavior is common, and Vlad is still with his words. Vlad got support from Dogecoin supporters as they welcome this decision.

What is your opinion on this?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I agree with the points made by Robinhood CEO Vlad. I love dogecoin too for it's fast transaction processing and less gas fee consumption. It consumes lesser gas fee than LTC, that also charges lees with fast transaction processing. The first time I used dogecoin on binance yo send funds out, it didn't take up to 5 minutes to land on the destination which I directrd it too. Binance exchange might be the reason for it's fast processing, because they charge less fees than majority of exchanges or wallet. Such can't be said around Hitbtc exchange, which takes large sum of gas fee to process any transaction out from their exchange, which is totally weird. My dogecoin is just hanging on there due to the excessive transaction fee I'm asked to pay for a smaller transaction, which is more than 10 dogecoin for just $5 worth of DOGE.

If other crypto exchange gonna work like binance's type, then DOGE will be worth it indeed for transaction of any kind in the Blockchain network. Binance doesn't even take up to two DOGE to process your transaction to another destination. Such will make more crypto enthusiasts to believe in what Robinhood CEO Vlad said around DOGE.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
This is one of the best news for dogecoin. The positive news around the king memecoin is taking a new cause everyday and people are making lots of money from it. This is basically the major reasons why most of the dogecoin holders are very optimistic and are not willing to let go of the coin. There is no doubt that the leading memecoin enjoyed the backings of so many cryptocurrency enthusiast. The likes of Elon Musk are really supporting the coin and he is holding a very big amount of it. Also, the Multi billion company, Tesla also is in support of the cryptocurrency and I think its planning to adopt dogecoin as payment option for the purchase of its luxurious cars. Despite the good news around the coin and the backings it enjoyed from the whales, could you imagine that the dogecoin didn't appreciate in market value significantly. This is just the basic reason why so many cryptocurrencies investors are afraid of investing on the coin. The non reflection of the backings it enjoyed from the whales in its market value was due to its unlimited supply. The unlimited supply would make the market value of the coin to appear stagnant.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
@sincerem , low gas fees is one of the reason Vlad is supporting Dogecoin, he clearly mentioned the cost of transaction is just $0.003 worth of Doge coin. Some exchange platforms charge huge fees only to discourage people from moving the assets out of the platform, I avoid such exchanges, Robinhood could be better platform due to its CEO supporting Doge himself.

@Lens1000 we are not even Sharks, but we can have good amount of Doge thill it is at low price. After Musk and Vlad, if another great business platform accepts Doge. (which is possible), then Doge coin might break the previous ATH.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@sincerem , low gas fees is one of the reason Vlad is supporting Dogecoin, he clearly mentioned the cost of transaction is just $0.003 worth of Doge coin. Some exchange platforms charge huge fees only to discourage people from moving the assets out of the platform, I avoid such exchanges, Robinhood could be better platform due to its CEO supporting Doge himself.
You're correct man, I knew it's the low gas fee that led Vlad, CEO of Robinhood to make such positive comments around dogecoin. And that's true, because Binance exchange is making it happen, Coinbase too is making it happen, this two exchange charges lesser gas fee for dogecoin transaction. I felt so perplexed man, seeing HITBTC, and hotbit.io charging me high amount of dogecoin to process my little coin amount. Such made me lose whopping $5 trying to exchange from different coins to another around Hitbtc, at the end my 10$ was almost lost. Because 5$ was lost as a result of finding the lesser gas fee coin, which resulted in their own coin swap fees, and it ate up 5$. Then the other 5$ couldn't move out because dogecoin fess are almost same with the $5, such made me to drop the $5 there, and not willing to withdraw again until I see that my coin grow in value and cover up all that I've lost. I don't have the zeal to take it even in the next two years, such exchange called Hitbtc should be avoided. They're just acting like scam exchange, they've even disabled dogecoin withdrawal to another exchange, due to the fact, their dogecoin price is very low more than that of binance, Coinbase, Kucoin. And they aren't even ready to fix things in order and get back with dogecoin transaction once again.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
@sincerem Include Kucoin too as a high fees platform
Today I decided to move 17 Doge to other platform, and KuCoin was asking 20 Doge as fees. It's less than Hotbit, but more than what we actually afford.

KuCoin does not requires KYC, so it is fine place, yet it's fees is enough to not to use unless you afford.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@sincerem Include Kucoin too as a high fees platform
Today I decided to move 17 Doge to other platform, and KuCoin was asking 20 Doge as fees. It's less than Hotbit, but more than what we actually afford.

KuCoin does not requires KYC, so it is fine place, yet it's fees is enough to not to use unless you afford.
I didn't notice the high gas fee around kucoin, I never used it to send coins out before. I have my kucoin verified, but the KYC isn't a must like the way binance, crypto.com takes their KYC verification serious. I never purchased any coin nor withdraw to another exchange site before using kucoin exchange, so, I wouldn't be possible for me to have noticed about such weird high gas fee especially around DOGE. With what you've said here, I think kucoin charges the highest amongst all other exchange sites I've used to transact crypto overall. I wouldn't try using kucoin to perform withdrawal operation any time soon, until they combat such high gas fee issue to make the rate suitable per the amount of coin we are withdrawing. Imagine 20 DOGE for gas fee when the amount you're withdrawing is just 20, xD, meaning you're going to add more funds to pay for the gas fee alone and withdraw nothing. Binance and Coinbase remains the best for me when it comes to exchanges with low gas fee.