Health Insurance Rural Community Social Health Insurance Programme

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This is a nonprofit health insurance programme for a cohesive group of households or individual (i.e. community) which is run by its members. Membership is by individuals in the community.

HEALTH CARE BENEFITS
The health care benefit will be chosen by the members of the community based on the health needs

CONTRIBUTION
This will be in cash, paid as a flat rate monthly or instalmentally by participants. The contribution rate will depend on the health package chosen by members of the User Group.

ADMINISTRATION
A seven-member Board of Trustees elected from among the members i.e. chairman, secretary, treasurer and four others, will manage the funds and run the User Group.

HOW THE PROGRAMME WORKS
A prospective participant must be a member of a community. It is the individuals of the community that would come together to form a User Group. There must be a membership of at least 500 participants for each User Group yo ensure adequate pooling of resources.
The User Group will elect its Board of Trustees who will administer it, and also set up Quality Assurance and Health Education Committees. Each member of the User Group will be given an identify card with which he/she will obtain health care from the chosen Health Care Provider ( public or private), after a specified waiting period.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a welcome development but I am not sure it runs in my community. This is just a way of keeping community save and I believe the money that will pay to insure under this insurance policy will be lesser because they will be charged as a union rather than individual.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Reading this explanation, I really agree that you are right because most rural areas deserve this type of health insurance plan because one could easily fall sick in places like this, malaria issues are mostly common due to the fact that they are not well treated, from the water, to the gutters and the other untreated things surrounding it

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This is a welcome development but I am not sure it runs in my community. This is just a way of keeping community save and I believe the money that will pay to insure under this insurance policy will be lesser because they will be charged as a union rather than individual.
You are right because this is how its ought to be in all our Rural Community but I think what really hold some insurance company dawn is the Government of the country or state.

Remember that this same insurance company and some of this authority do not allowed them to performed to an expectation due to high rate of corruption that is one of the disadvantage of government involving in the activities of insurance company.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This can only mean one thing to me, it simply says that insurance got even the rural community covered. It is a good idea but I am not just certain if the premium payment will be cheap enough to be affordable for the people living in such area because as we all know, the cost of living in the urban can’t be compared to the rural

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This can only mean one thing to me, it simply says that insurance got even the rural community covered. It is a good idea but I am not just certain if the premium payment will be cheap enough to be affordable for the people living in such area because as we all know, the cost of living in the urban can’t be compared to the rural
You are right with your observations. The peole in the rural area may not be that bouyant to have much to pay as their premium. But the fact that the premium will be paid by most of the members of the community, I think it won't be too stressful to pay becuase it may even be subsidized.