Selling seedlings of exotic fruits

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have tested this business idea before I posted it here. Cashew fruit is considered exotic because you cannot buy it anywhere in Metro Manila. When my tree had lots of fruits, I always save the seeds. The picture shows the 3 seedlings that had grown from the seeds of the cashew fruit that we had eaten.

IMG_8150 kasoy seedlings.JPG
Yesterday I posted the picture and tested the waters for selling. It was a surprise that in just 3 hours I already got 10 orders of the seedlings. They are all inquiring about the price but right now I cannot decide on how much I would sell. But I have a feeling that the seedlings can be bought at $5 each at the least. I have about 30 seeds in my storage. If all will grow and be sold then that’s a pretty good extra money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Wow, that is an awesome side business you have created for yourself. People are getting more interested in planting their own crops and fruits. It is no wonder you got those customers so fast. Now it is your time to continue growing more exotic fruits seedlings as you see there is market there. I wish you all the best in this new venture.