Should A Business Person Dislike His Competitors?

Bisolami

Verified member
One thing every business person should have in mind is that they will not be the first person to do the business and they will never be the last so it is important for them to always maintain peace with the people who do the same business as them. There are so many people doing the same business and they are cool with each other. The sky is enough to contain everybody.

I have seen so many cases in which some people have unhealthy competition among people who are doing the same business as them. Some of them always accuse others of snatching their customers and it does not make any sense to me. Some of them will continue to fight for things that are not reasonable. You and your competitors should be friends even though you people are competing. The truth is that you can never run your business alone. There are times when you will need help from your competitors and they will render help for you if you are at peace with them. That is how it should be.

Make peace with them and even seek new ideas of how to run your business from them instead of having an unhealthy relationship with them.

artsemlazarchuk

I think no, but it depends on the competitor and your relationships. As you said "make peace" is a great strategy. Additionally, why waste energy on disliking them. Better do competitors analysis and get data that can be used for improvements.