Should I take a break from saving

Carpon

Valued Contributor
This is a question I usually ask myself. I do save every month and so I use to feel as though there need to be times when I take break from saving for a month or two. But actually what are the reasons for that and is it really necessary?

Actually, it is good that in everything you do, you at times take a break but I probably will say I think differently on this aspect. Saving has to become a regular part of someone and the more you decide to take breaks on saving, the more harder it will be for you to save.

Anything you do irregularly eventually becomes hard for you to easily do.

And also, the needs for saving are numerous and there should be no need for you to quit saving at all because of the numerous needs that saving has on it.

What do you think about this?

I think that savings should not be burdensome. When you feel you should not save at some point, don't save. I don't like anything that is done under pressure. But don't let the break become a regular habit though. But I advocate that at a point you don't feel saving is necessary don't save for that period. Like when you have a huge financial responsibility to meet up, please pause your savings, meet up that responsibility and continue when you are done with that project.

That's the reason it is sayings and not a loan repayment. Like if you have been saving 30% of your income every month and in a certain month, you feel like you should just give yourself a treat. Please just pause for that month and take care of yourself. When saving becomes. Like it is under duress, it is no longer interesting. So I believe you are free to take a break from savings.