Shares/Stock Should We Buy The Stocks Of A Company That Manufactures Covid-19 Vaccines?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The pandemic is one of the events that no one forgets. Even today many people remember the plague pandemic and the influenza pandemic that caused a lot of damage to people and many people were killed at that time. The covid-19 pandemic also made us remember those pandemics and this covid-19 pandemic will be remembered by people for a really long time. We have faced many lock downs in the year 2020. Our government removed lock down because the government was not able to stabilize the economy as the lock down was causing harm. However, the invention of covid-19 vaccines were thought to be a "revolution"and a breakthrough. The pandemic is not over yet and many people are yet to get vaccinated.

There are many vaccine manufacturing companies. I am not really sure if some of the are private companies that are listed on stock exchange, but I believe that there might come many vaccine manufacturing companies that might be listed on stock exchange sooner. Since most people are not vaccinated, I believe that many people will get vaccinated in the future and the demand of vaccines might increase. If any company gets involved in the stock market, then would it be profitable to but the shares of any such company that manufactures vaccines?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My take on covid is that it will not last a lifetime. With my lifetime savings that I want to invest I don't think it is good to buy stocks of vaccine makers. Those corporations may be earning a good profit now that is the main reason why the price of their stocks are high. But once the spread of covid virus is dissipated the vaccine will have no value in the market anymore. It is sad to think that those corporations will be groping for revenue. The once high income would be gone so they will have a problem with the maintenance expenses.

I consider the vaccine as a seasonal product which can only last while the benefit is there. To be frank, I don't believe that the vaccine is really effective because we are still required to wear the face mask and we have to observe social distancing even if we are fully vaccinated. What does that mean to me? The vaccine did not make me immune to the covid virus. In other words, the vaccine has no conclusive effect.