Saving Money Some ways to make saving easy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Saving is very essential and its importance can not be overemphasized. However, saving is not done without some things in place. This is because it takes a courageous mind to have his money saved without touching it.

SET GOAL AND TIME. . Before we try to save, we need to have target and a goal. The goal will be the driving force that will be motivating us to save. Someone who doesn't tie his saving with a particular goal may end up later spending the money along the line. We need to have a goal and a definite time for the saving

BE DISCIPLINE.. Just like I started, it takes a discipline fellow to have his money saved without wavering. At times, we have to deny ourselves the most desired things just to save and meet up with their saving target. That's why discipline should be our core value while trying to save.

REDUCE LIFESTYLE.. Everybody loves to live a flamboyant life. We all like to live in a comfortable way and manner. Saving does habor this. You have to choose between living comfortably and also saving. To be able to save a considerable amount of money, we need to reduce our lifestyles and ways of life.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to save money, you need to earn more than you spend. In other words, your income should be bigger than your expenses. If you have a good income, you need to deduct some percentage and save the money in your emergency funds or saving accounts. You can use the remaining money to manage your expenses.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In order to save money, you need to earn more than you spend. In other words, your income should be bigger than your expenses. If you have a good income, you need to deduct some percentage and save the money in your emergency funds or saving accounts. You can use the remaining money to manage your expenses.
I beg to differ with you. You can save money even if you earn low. It is to be accepted that expenditures can never be lower than income except you let it be so. What we need is always more than what we have. That's why I recommend being disciplined in order to make saving easier and convinient.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I beg to differ with you. You can save money even if you earn low. It is to be accepted that expenditures can never be lower than income except you let it be so. What we need is always more than what we have. That's why I recommend being disciplined in order to make saving easier and convinient.
I will disagree. You cannot cut expenses on your food, you cannot cut expenses on your rent, you cannot cut expenses on your utility bills. You cannot avoid some expenses and these things should be taken care of no matter how much you are earning. Yes, you can avoid going to a movie, or eating ice creams but if your income is low, you may not be able to save even if you are not eating icecreams and going to movies.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have the habit of saving but sometimes I would stop saving to make use of the money that I have saved. When we go abroad for a vacation that is one reason to spend my savings. However, I do not spend it all because I have a budget and a goal so that there will be money left in the bank.

Cinderella

According to Dr Maxwell Maltz, it can take 21 days to build a habit and 90 days to make it a permanent lifestyle. So, the best way to save more is to make it more than a habit but a lifestyle. I believe I already cross the habit forming stage in so far as saving is concerned because I started this activity since the last quarter of 2020. Though I am doing it online with an app and I just love it. A small amount everyday can add up over time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Reducing exorbitant lifestyle where we spend enough should be taken seriously. Lots of people live life which they aren't up to par, we should always check our pockets, and know how much we should be spending and how much should be saved. And not over spending money lavishly when it doesn't matter to us.

funmi

Verified member
All you have said is correct and right. Those points you have given are the key points.
More so, if some one want to save, you must be determined and be highly disciplined in order to do so. Without discipline, it will be very difficult to achieve such a goal. Knowing what you want to use the money for is another important point. So, I strongly agree with you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I will disagree. You cannot cut expenses on your food, you cannot cut expenses on your rent, you cannot cut expenses on your utility bills. You cannot avoid some expenses and these things should be taken care of no matter how much you are earning. Yes, you can avoid going to a movie, or eating ice creams but if your income is low, you may not be able to save even if you are not eating icecreams and going to movies.
That's what I thought before until I changed my thought. Human beings always want pleasure and until we learn not to give our bodies what they demand but what we have, that's when we will be taking saving serious. It is not a bad idea living in a place where the rentage payment is low, it is not a bad idea reducing the intake of food or how much we use on food just to achieve our aim. When you are determined to save, some things have to be foregone.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
If truly we want to make savings easy for us then we have to be watchful of the way we live our lives. We have to live a less extravagant life. We have to always be prudent when spending our money. Our money should be spent on necessities not on some frivolous things. If we can caution ourselves then we should be able to save.

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's what I thought before until I changed my thought. Human beings always want pleasure and until we learn not to give our bodies what they demand but what we have, that's when we will be taking saving serious. It is not a bad idea living in a place where the rentage payment is low, it is not a bad idea reducing the intake of food or how much we use on food just to achieve our aim. When you are determined to save, some things have to be foregone.
You can avoid luxuries but you cannot cut expenses on your basic needs. You can cut your expenses on junk food, soda, on ice creams, and the things like these, but can you cut your expenses on bread, rice, vegetables, pasta, which are your staple foods. If you do not eat as much food as your body requires, you will become sick.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think I will go more with reducing or cutting lifestyle. To fund a high taste lifestyle needs good money so if you want to be having money with your little income then you need to cut this kind of lifestyle away. Take the position of loving simple things and love them to be able to have money to save

Josemendez

Verified member
First of all , we need to understand that saving Is not quite easy as we save what is left after our expenses , thus people may not even have anything to save when they finish making the necessary expenses.
Secondly , I am not comfortable with saving except when it is for unforseen circumstances. We should put the idle money that we want to save to work .

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you will want to start a saving journey then you should first of all know that it is never an easy thing and you will have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to reach your goal. After setting a particular season goal the next thing that you should look out for is to try to reduce some things in your recurrent expenditure as this is going to help a lot