Advisable ways of increasing your saving habbit

ENZO5

Verified member
I work under someone and i get 30k as my monthly salary, let me briefly tell you guys how i save some money for myself. I collect 30k monthly, i save 20k then use 10k to run some of my expenses, i find it easy saving 20k because am living with my lovely relatives, yours maybe be different.

Here are some advisable ways to increase your saving habit:

MAKE A BUDGET: Start by making a budget that includes all of your income and expenses, including savings. This will help you keep track of where your money is going and how much you can afford to save each month.

AUTOMATE YOUR SAVINGS: Consider setting up automatic transfers from your checking account to your savings account each month. This way, you won't have to think about saving; it will just happen automatically.

PAY YOURSELF FIRST: When you receive your income, transfer a portion of it to your savings account before you pay any bills or make any purchases. This will help ensure that you save a portion of your income every month.

CUT BACK ON EXPENSES: Look for ways to reduce your expenses, such as cutting back on eating out, buying generic products, or canceling subscriptions you don't use. The money you save can then be redirected to your savings account.

FIND ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INCOME: Consider taking on a side job or selling items you no longer need to increase your income and boost your savings.

SET GOALS: Having a specific savings goal in mind can help motivate you to save. Make sure your goal is realistic, measurable, and achievable.

TRACK YOUR PROGRESS: Keep track of your savings progress and celebrate small victories along the way. This will help keep you motivated and on track to achieving your savings goal.

Remember, increasing your saving habit takes time and discipline, but the benefits of having a healthy savings account are worth the effort.