D

Deleted member 13140

Am just coming back from a tutorial or more like a lesson for the examination I have In less than 2 or 3 months to come, so well, something happened, and it made me want to write this thread, someone there said he was a tutor he isn't an actual teacher and then shocked the whole students there that all the teachers here are actually University students who are just working part time as a [Subject] Tutor, and that's when it struck me,

A student can make a lot of money, okay maybe not a lot but significant to pay for certain bill, by tutoring other students or non students.

This can be accomplished by hosting tutorials on topics that others find fascinating or difficult to comprehend, you can even take it a step further and just start a lesson centre.

Any student or even parent, (I said that because the lesson I attend i sometimes see parents coming to learn also, which means it's a private tutor class) who want to engage in the tutorials will have to pay a set fee for each lesson or series of classes.

As a student you can also get money by participating in online tutorials. You can even join up for sites like QKid and VIPKid to instruct others and earn money, I heard those sires were the best.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is actually not new, this is one of the major advantage of becoming a brilliant student because you can really make a whole lot of money teaching other students who did not understand that particular course well. In the university where I attend there are a lot of students holding tutorial classes and collect about $4 for each class which is quite a huge amount of money if you combine the number of students attending that class. There are many students who are training themselves in school from this and of course they take it as a full-time job because you can also publish your own tutorial books and sell them. I have a friend who is actually my coursemate, he holds tutorial classes for lower level students and collect a lot of money from them even to fill their manuals and write their project. the truth is that a lot of students are lazy these days and if you can capitalise on this then you will definitely be making a whole lot of money from them. There are people who may not have the strength to feel their manuals and of you can actually take this as a job, then you will definitely be making money from them.

D

Deleted member 13140

The comment above is right, this isn't actually new, people have been doing this even before I was born. But it has evolved over the years, its no more the usual thing that we all know, this time it has been changed to actually lessons and those college students who want to tutor other aspiring college students, will be employed, and this employees are actually University students who need extra money in school. This side hustle can not be done by everyone, atleast on the subject of education on school topics, because if you want to teach other students you have to know what you're doing as well

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Am just coming back from a tutorial or more like a lesson for the examination I have In less than 2 or 3 months to come, so well, something happened, and it made me want to write this thread, someone there said he was a tutor he isn't an actual teacher and then shocked the whole students there that all the teachers here are actually University students who are just working part time as a [Subject] Tutor, and that's when it struck me,

A student can make a lot of money, okay maybe not a lot but significant to pay for certain bill, by tutoring other students or non students.

This can be accomplished by hosting tutorials on topics that others find fascinating or difficult to comprehend, you can even take it a step further and just start a lesson centre.

Any student or even parent, (I said that because the lesson I attend i sometimes see parents coming to learn also, which means it's a private tutor class) who want to engage in the tutorials will have to pay a set fee for each lesson or series of classes.

As a student you can also get money by participating in online tutorials. You can even join up for sites like QKid and VIPKid to instruct others and earn money, I heard those sires were the best.
That is exactly what I am trying to do over here also , I have a lesson we have been going in the evening and these lessons are mainly for people that are writing exam just like you are also planning to, the only difference between yours and my own is that my own is not Republic class but it is a private one that is only organised by few people, and the person that is taking us on these classes is a University student who dedicate some of its time to take us on those classes.

it is a nice business idea because he only takes us on this class is when he is back from school which gives him a lot of opportunities and Time to work to raise money and at the same time allowed him attend his school.

Yes we all might be able to make money this but is not really as easy as we may think, you really have to be talented in the subject we are taking people on because without a proper understanding of the subject you are taking people on the possibility of making money will be low.. this business is extremely for dedicated students. The teacher here is really good in math and physics.

E

eldavis

I know some persons who does this back then, they take classes. There are even some who get paid by their fellow classmates to teach them on topics they do not understand. I know of a friend back then who usually holds his personal classes in the evening, since he is pretty good at the course, he teaches other course mates who are finding it hard to understand, and they pay him. He also has other gigs where he does home lessons for secondary school students.