Taking sick leave in workplace.

Nanaado1997

If there's anyone whose workplace is run by a toxic and condescending boss, he would know how difficult it is to take a sick leave.
In most cases we don't choose to be sick. It is just something that happens naturally come in a while or maybe more. As a person who isn't that healthy, my sick leaves tend to be more than an average person.
People who are affected by terminal ailments find it difficult when the bosses are difficult to deal with and lack compassion. Of course, it is perfectly okay to take something out of the salary, but issuing unfounded threats to such people doesn't go well for them. It makes them feel unwanted and may instill feelings of unworthiness about something which I'd in no way

Jonaville

No one chooses to be sick, that's true. But try to see things from the bosses point of view too. One shortage of staff can affect the productivity of the business, that is what they are concerned about which makes it seem like they have no compassion. But being cruel doesn't help too

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is an official leave and it is not something that a business organisation have to worry about because nobody choose to be sick as you have said but sometimes different circumstances makes some people to feel sick .as long as it is once in a while yes I don't see anything wrong with that, company should allow this for all employees.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Sickness comes uninvited and my people in my tribe will always say the life span of work is longer than the life span of workers. Whenever we feel sick and too feeble to carry out a particular task. We should not hesitate to just take a break and ask for a leave.

Good luck

Verified member
It is not a bad idea to apply for sick leave in your place of work. The body is like an engine that may get weak and needs to be renewed by getting the oil and changing some materials there.that is how our system is also is.it require to be taken care of.when one break down health wise.it is advisable to take a sick leave.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are some people who misuse this sick leaves in their place of work. They requested for sick leaves anytime they want to do some other things. This can cause a ripple effect on you overtime. You might not know if your boss is noticing the amount of sick leaves you are obtaining. in time you will come when you will need it and they may not Grant you.