The art of working as a pleasure

Carpon

Valued Contributor
The art of working as a pleasure comes from the notion that you should choose a career in which you derive pleasure and is also your hobby.
At many times people choose career just because of its marketability which is good, but the career choice advise I do give and will still and always give is that you choose what you derive pleasure from as your career.
A career must not be becoming a medical doctor, an accountant, a manager or any other recognised work but even the least thing which pays and at the same time you derive pleasure from can be your career.
If I love cooking, the my career can be built from that. If designing is my hobby then i can as well build a career in that direction. I can simply set up an eatery or food delivery service or open an art studio or a team that does design work. As I do that I not only have a source of income but also a source of pleasure.
This concept is very vital and at some point determines the level of commitment you give to work that you do.
I won't be so committed to doing something I don't have pleasure in doing it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is the same art I have adopted and this is the only way you can actually enjoy your work or your career as a person you need to turn your passion to money making. I see one complaining about work I tell them you do this because you have refused to enjoy what you are doing.

The truth is that work is work and it's come with stress, exhaustion and sometimes little pleasure. So if you want to make it worth while for you , you need to add more fun to it.

it just like when you have a hobby, sometimes you get bored with it but you keep on loving it because you have added spice here and there to make it good. So you should apply it to work add little spice here and there so that you would be able to enjoy it more. There's joy in working too.

GnomeXray

I like to paint, but I will never make it my job. . Don't get me wrong if you really like art, and you're good at it, and it's the only thing that makes you happy go on, but I would really think hard before making this decision.