The best ways to stay motivated as a writer

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The best ways to stay motivated as a writer

1. Set goals: Setting specific, achievable goals can help motivate you to keep writing and make progress.
  2. Find your passion: Write about topics that you are passionate about. When you enjoy the topic you are writing about, it can be easier to stay motivated.
  3. Build a writing routine: Establishing a regular writing routine can help you stay on track and make progress.
  4. Take breaks: Make sure to take breaks and give yourself time to rest and recharge.
  5. Surround yourself with supportive people: Surrounding yourself with supportive people who encourage and believe in you can help keep you motivated.
  6. Find inspiration: Look for inspiration in the work of other writers, in your everyday life, or in the world around you.
By following these strategies, you can stay motivated and stay on track in your writing journey.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Writing to make money is an interesting journey but at the same time there are some certain things you need to do in order to keep yourself motivated to continue your job.

Setting of goals is actually one of the best ways you can keep going as a writer and achieve your aims. Without setting goals you may not be able to be disciplined enough to achieve whatever you want. if you are publishing books on Amazon Kindle for example you need to set a deadline for you to complete each book.

It can be a period of two weeks or one month for you to publish a book or two. That way you will keep yourself motivated. I quite agree with you that connecting with other writers will also keep you motivated. When you see people who are doing exactly what you're doing you will actually be motivated because you will try to compete with them in some ways.

Kennysplash

Verified member
At times writers might experience what we call writer's block, in which they just don't have new ideas because the are not motivated. When this happens then they need to take a break and free their mind. They should engage in activities that don't even relate to writing at all for some hours. This will help them clear their mind and they can think of new ideas afterwards.
At times they might just be tired too, it happens to me some times. The same solution still applies, go out for a while and take a work. Meditate, observe mature and your surroundings. Take in the beautiful sceneries. I can assure you that you will come back relaxed, well refreshed and bubbling with ideas.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
One of the hack that I found recently is to write in the morning as soon as I wake up, this helps me a lot, because when I wake up I feel refreshed and I do not have much going on in my mind so it is just straight to it, but the moment I extend it to say in the afternoon or evening I will feel lazy and not do it at all, also I get more ideas when I work in the morning, I urge every writer to give it a try, wake up early and get to it and report back to me on your experience, I am very sure it will be positive.

If you are finding it hard to wake up early, you might have to cultivate a new sleeping habit, which is sleeping as early as 9pm and by 4 or 5 you will wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day,

Imran Noori

Verified member
Writing itself is a motivation because it needs creativity and needs you to think of new topics, I started writing about 6 months ago and I didn't become discouraged of writing even a single day because writing helped me to learn new things and upgrade myself to a better person.

As a writer sometimes you may become tired especially if you are writing online, your eyes will become tired of seeing into computer or mobile phone, in this situation you can take short breaks, for example after two hours you can take a break and also after a week of working as a writer you can have a day off.