The burning of crypto to increase the market price

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is part of my curiosity on the crypto coin. One of my questions got an answer in another forum – burning crypto to raise the price can be done by the developer only. The example was 1 billion at 50 cents. If the owner would burn half of his crypto then he would be left with 500 million at 1 dollar which means he had not lost in value.

In principle, yes, the developer did not lose value but when the price goes down again then that is clearly a loss because of the huge holdings.
This discussion leads me to another question. How can a developer create crypto? What if all of us would be creating our own crypto what do you think will happen?

That's a good mathematics you run concerning burning of crypto. When the owner burns half of the amount t of coins he owns by converting it into double in price that's simply worthwhile. It means the owner of the coin never lost a dime cos its still balanced when you calculate the market value of the total available coin in the market.

While I have not checked how to create crypto currency, I believe that can be done easily because there are many open-source programs to create crypto currency. Creating a crypto currency may be easy but making it successful is really hard because people would never trust a new currency. Burning can increase the price.

I think most times when the supply of the token is very high , the developer could burn some to reduce the supply and obviously increase the demand of the market which would affect the price positively , this are some of the method been used by the developers to affect the market positively , there are many coin developers that have use this method several times