The Nigerian Government

E

eldavis

Plagiarized warning
It is common knowledge that Nigeria runs a democratic system of Government, which according to research and studies, is the best form of Government. But is Nigeria really a democratic state? A professor once said Nigeria is a democratic state only in text books but not in reality and I completely agree with this.

WHAT IS DEMOCRACY?
Abraham Lincoln gave a very short but effective definition of democracy. He simply said it's a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."
In other words democracy is a system of government whereby without the people the government cannot exist. It's a system where power is vested on the people, to be able to decide on who should govern them and also free will to express themselves.

NIGERIA AS A DEMOCRATIC STATE?
Nigeria claims to run a democratic state but in reality I believe it is not so, the people no longer have the power to decide on who to lead them as rigging
has become a norm during election, the people have no say even when the government is bad. Recently freedom of speech has been limited to some extent. The people can nolonger openly express what they think about the Government and it's affairs without fear.
The Government make decisions Without a care of how it would affect the people or even consulting the masses.

THE SOLUTION OR MAYBE NOT?
I have heard and also come across many persons both the old and the young who would like the military to take over rulership, though I have not experienced military rule but I have read about it and I believe it is not a good choice, and there is every possiblity that they might not want to peacefully release power.

uforwealth

Verified member
Only God can help us in Nigeria. Although Nigeria adopts a democratic system of government, there is no sign that Nigeria is a democratic state.
while Democracy encourages freedom of speech, Nigeria discourages freedom of speech. If you talked anyhow to those politicians, you will be punished anyhow.
Democracy doesn't allow rigging of elections but many elections have been rigged in this so-called democratic state.

The worst thing about this is that foodstuff prices are skyrocketing almost every day and our democratic government keeps silent about it.

O! God of creation, intervene in Nigeria's affairs.