These New Ideas Will Help You Save Some Money

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When it comes to saving money, most people tend to think of it in terms of the big things. That's why they focus on bigger purchases like cars and houses: they're more expensive, which makes them seem more important. However, there are a lot of other ways to save money that don't require a great deal of effort. For example:

Local Markets vs. Supermarkets – A local market will usually have better prices than a supermarket due to lower overhead costs and less competition.

Plant Your Own Food – Growing your own food is an obvious way to save money. Just make sure you know what you're doing and follow safe practices!

Use the Library – If you need to do research for a project that isn't due for a few months, just go to the library instead of buying all new books.

Swap Your Phone– You know how expensive cell phones can be. Why not see if anyone you know has an old one lying around?

Smartphone Plan– Switching carriers is always an option if you want better service or better deals (or both!).

Get nealy used gadgets, like TV, Fan, Freezer and the likes.

Don't overlook the smaller things in life when it comes to saving money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is very true. We always overlook the small things in life that actually makes us spend more money than we should. Then go for expensive things like a new car or a bigger house. Most of the time, we don't even need those things that we desire. We could let them go and focus on what we can actually afford in the now.

Buying from the local market is or small shops is truly more cheap than doing all shopping in the supermarket. And even at the mall, you can go for generic brands which are cheaper. These small acts will eventually make you save so much.

I also totally agree with the idea of growing your food instead of depending on buying everything. It saves you so much money when you have your own vegetables and spices than when you have to always buy them. Farming may also become your business where you sell some of the food to your neighbors and at the market.

Saving can actually be something as creative as this and not necessarily buying expensive stuffs. This is something that I want to start practicing in my own life. It comes with so much financial benefits.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In saving money with the goods that we buy I always check the price of the bulk pack. Take for instance milk that is priced 30 for the small and 50 for the big can which is double the size of the small. That is clearly saving 10 already. But with the quality of the food I still prefer to spend for quality products. This morning when I was buying apples, I always buy the 25 per piece. The attendant offered me the apples in the other bin that costs only 15. But the apples looked withered already. No, I said, I prefer this 25 per piece. You might say that the 15 per piece is much cheaper but we do not know the enjoyment that I will miss when I eat that not to mention the less vitamins that it contains.

Caramelle

Oh yes, small savings count in the long run. To save on groceries, I split my purchases between the local markets and the supermarkets. Supermarkets buy in bulk, have their store brands, and have their own farms, too, so they actually offer better prices than local markets. I don't have a cable subscription or a smartphone plan because I hardly use them. I can survive on a prepaid cellphone load of less than a dollar a month. I do pay for fixed internet at the cheapest plan because I use it to generate money and the speed is just right for my purpose.

I also have a small garden where I can harvest a few types of vegetables and green leaves for cooking. We have a moringa plant that is both nutritious and versatile.

One thing I avoid doing is buying second-hand appliances to save money. I would rather save up for a new item with a full warranty and longer life span. Some lesser-known brands even cost lower than second-hand appliances. To save on electricity costs, let's be mindful of our appliances' wattage and usage. We can avoid phantom electricity usage by unplugging appliances that are not being used. Choose electric fans over conditioning units and use fans that have low wattage.​

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Since I don't have much money with me, it means that, I spend less and more especially things that really needs proper attention and not spending money base on wants. I love saving money because it helps to clear future debts which an individual never imagined to enter in his life. Since we are having less income we shouldn't just be spending without investing both goes together. I believe in pouring money into lucrative or useful investment online and not just working all the time for money to use and eat, never. That's not the only focus, even if food is necessary it shouldn't just suck all our savings or income. That's why we make monthly budget of all our essential needs in order to ascertain how much we'll be spending in total within a month, and also know the amount too we'll be saving and using for investing wisely if the need be. We wouldn't just depend on one particular strategy when it comes to surviving in life and having additional for miscellaneous. With the help of the budget that will enable the individual to know exactly how much expenditures he/she will run a given month and having reserve.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well you may be right in some areas but to me I do not even consider some as the best way of saving money because buying something at the local store might even expose you to risk of buying fake products are some dangerous product that is not verified. At least if you're buying your products at the supermarket there is some possibilities that you will be buying the best product because those products are tested and trusted before a supermarket will choose to have it in their store.

The one I can perfectly agrees with you is the fact that we also have to try as much as possible to plan some of the little things we are using on daily basis such as paper , vegetables and others , this will really saves us a lot of money than buying all these things at the market. It is even easier if these things is being planted because you won't really be exposed to so much chemicals that is being applied to most of these fruits during the planting period which could possibly be dangerous to the human's body.

Apart from this there are other ways people can save their money too.