Trading is very risky

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
Trading without a stop loss is very risky. Trading without stop loss can cause traders to blow their accounts. Demo trading is the best way to find it. Today, many popular brokers like Eurotrader offer traders this type of account. My broker also gives responsive customer support, built-in economic calendar and sentiment indicator and many more.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Trading is very risky and we should not go into it except we have much knowledge about it. We should first of all learn how to minimize our risks and learn how to maximize profits. That's why we should learn how to use stop loss to ensure that the risk we may incure is not that much. We ur most time, greediness is one of the resdine by most traders don't like using stop loss. They always prefer to accumulate more till they lose the ones they have accumulated.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Obviously trading is one of the riskiest aspect of making money and both cryptocurrency trading and stock trading carry some sort of risk if you do not use the stop loss feature. If you do not want to use the stop loss feature, then you would need to observe the market manually. This is what I have been doing. I do not set orders when I sleep because I have already suffered from loss when I thought that the price will automatically rise and I when to bed. When I woke up, I found that the market has crashed and I lost money. So, you must always trade when you are not asleep.

Kingstone

Trading is undoubtedly one of the riskiest online making ways. Be it forex or crypto trading, it is very risky and one can lose all the funds with simple mistakes. Some people do trade without a stop loss anyway and it is working out big for them. You just have to place trades according to your signals. My Mentor taught me how to use stop loss and I have learned to use a tight stop loss but it doesn't work often. Sometimes the trade will hit the stop loss and reverse back to the entry point or even worse give you profits.

Victorial

Trading is very risky and anything that is very risky requires caution in order not to lose the capital. There are many ways to trade forex. But majorly people used to set stop loss in case the trade wants to tho south. The stop loss will serve as the lifesaver. Still, I would not always suggest you use a stop loss. Trading forex can be very tricky and one may not know how fundamental analyses may swing in your favor. You may just hear that USD will pump and you have been getting losses from buying. This can help you save your money so far it has not hit stop loss

Trading is risky but risk always comes with rewards. Traders should not look for ways to avoid risks but to manage them. Whenever I enter the trade I always see myself on the losing side and this makes me focus on risk management differently. I take all the measures to protect myself which I might not take otherwise in the hopes of winning.

E

eldavis

Yes indeed trading is risky but there actually no business out there without it's form of risks, trading becomes alot more risker when you do not know what you are doing. For those with the experience, or knowledge, they would find it less risky to deal with.

D

Deleted member 28127

Trading with stop loss or target profit can be less risky but sometimes margins are big means the price can still be between them for two or three consecutive days of work means you wait a long before you close your self the transaction or there is a sudden increase or decrease but without you can lose most of your assets in a short time frame which is the wrong decision for beginners and even experts one.

Chlamys

There is no denying the fact that trading is risky. It involves your real money and you can never be sure about the direction of the market. But there are a few things that can help minimize the risk so that the losses can be easily managed.
· Avoid high leverage if you are not sure about the market conditions.
· Never trade without stop loss and take profit levels.
· Use higher time frames where the noise is low and you will be able to easily perform your analysis.
· Don’t trade when you don’t feel like it.
· Set realistic goals so that you don’t take unwanted trading steps.
Know one thing; your goal is to stay in the market for as long as you can. If, at any time, you feel that you need to take a break, don’t shy away and come back when you are ready for the new risks.

cadelynch

Indeed it is! But you have no other way than to take risks to make money. Just don’t mix taking risks with losing money. I know that you will be putting your money in the market. If you are using proper risk management strategies and not taking unnecessary risks, you will be able to do well in the forex market. Try to stay away from lucrative deals that may scam you later. Control your greed and open positions only when you have analysed the market properly.

Critomancy

All traders should take the necessary steps to reduce the risk of trading. They should always enter the market with a trading plan.

Some of the steps I take to avoid risk

1) Use stop loss and take profit order.
2) Assign risk to reward ratio to my trades.
3) Risk only a small percentage per trade.

4) Risk only as much as you can afford to lose..

5) Avoid revenge trading and emotions like greed, fear, or anxiety( it takes time!)
6) Take breaks and don’t overtrade.
7) Always backtest, so you can avoid risk in future trades.

Setho

VIP Contributor
You are only going to be seeing the pictures of a lot of people who have been making millions of dollars and buying flashy cars and expensive cars on the internet but you will never know the type of risk that they took in order to get that. The forex market in general is not always rosy and it is almost always impossible that you are only going to be getting positive traits and that is why you should try as much as possible to know how to manage your emotions because that is absolutely important in the space .

Nimrod

In spite of knowing that trading is risky, I have seen many traders take it lightly. It could be because of the lucrative advertisements going on in the market that attract newbies into believing that it is easy and they will start making profits immediately after they start it.
Experienced traders also make losses but they are capable of finding out what went wrong and what needs to be improved. However, newbies are prone to losses that they don’t even understand. This is why I believe that newbies should stay away from the live market until they have learnt well and even when they have learnt well, they must practice on a demo account until they get an understanding of the market.
Anything apart from this would result in things that no one wants.

Neuroid

All the risk comes because of the high market volatility which results in numerous fluctuations on a regular basis. It is quite understandable that traders need time to get to know the market so that they can make decisions accordingly.

Now if some traders try to outsmart the market, they will obviously get eliminated because without understanding each aspect of the forex market, you may not lay a strong foundation and grow.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Trading without a stop loss is very risky. Trading without stop loss can cause traders to blow their accounts. Demo trading is the best way to find it. Today, many popular brokers like Eurotrader offer traders this type of account. My broker also gives responsive customer support, built-in economic calendar and sentiment indicator and many more.
You are right. Trading without stop loss and take profit is very risky. I was once a victim of this before, untill I changed my way.
I remember when I traded with $6 and in just two weeks I was able to had in total of $21. This was an huge profit to make in just two weeks which is more than 300%. But that is achieved without using stop loss and take profit.
But the following week because I don't apply take profit and stop loss. I woke up in a morning and saw all the $21 that I have earned varnished and remaining just $0.3. Ever since then I have been using take profit and stop loss. Though my profit was not as high when I don't use them but now I don't lose my money as before and I have been making good gain.

Richee84

Every business has it own form of risk and there is actually no business that doesn't involve risk taking. It is always says that the higher the risk in a business the higher the profit or reward involve, as an entrepreneur one must know the risk associated with the business he or she intend to venture into before start such business. A business owner must be ready to manage it risk to the must bearest level or acceptable level in other to save it business from collapsing and for the continuity of the business. An entrepreneur is generally seen as a risk taker and so therefore they must have better understanding of the business they want to take risk on in order not to waste resources.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Of course, trading is risky since it is an investment business. To control the risk, one has to maintain the journal of every trader. And you have to manage 1: 2 risk and trade. And you have to work with the plan.

Dora Wi

True, it is very risky. But luckily there are ways to manage your risks, for example by calculating risk percentage or risk-to-reward ratio. And, of course, stop loss and take profit orders are important to use.

Thanosis

Risks are everywhere around but that doesn’t mean we should always be scared and not do anything about it. Risk management in forex trading is very easy to learn. Once you learn it, you can manage the risks to limit your losses if the situation arises.

destinyrim

No doubt, trading is risky, and the risk becomes higher when you are trading in a market with high liquidity and volatility. Forex is one such market that seems very attractive, but at the same time is very risky as well. To have any chance of being successful at forex trading, one must learn all the important concepts of forex and then, practice on a demo account until he/she is completely familiar with the trading platform. A new trader shouldn’t start live trading until he/she has a tried and tested trading strategy in place. And, initial trading should be done using less capital and smart money management strategies.