Two Basic Rules to Make Your Blog or Website Attractive

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even though they say don’t judge a book by its cover, we all know first impression counts, therefore, we need to give a good impression by creating attractive look. In terms of your website, if it looks attractive, you can not only attract visitors, but can also retain visitors for more engagement with your content. When visitor engage with your content, you make money.

Here are some proven strategies to make your blog and website attractive.

Header and Background: The kind of header and background you choose should go in line with the theme and niche of your website. If your website is about training, it is reasonable to use images showing jogging track, sneakers, gym or weights on the header or background of your blog. You might use images and graphic from free picture site but do not use images that have been used multiple times, a better approach is either buy images or use your own image.

Web Design: Choose a design that looks appropriate for your website niche and website type. Page layout plays a great role in web design. You will have to choose among three columns, two columns, or single column design. You will also have to choose between pagination design or infinite scroll, The right design gives more depth and personality to your website. Therefore, find a theme or template that best suits your website category and at the same time goes well with page layout, colors, graphics that you want to use in your website.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most good websites are purchasing good designs from their hosting providers then they will not take the pain to draw themselves their design it is something like marketing for selling designs.

D

Deleted member 13140

you don't have to buy images, you can just visit sites that have free images, there are a ton of sites that have free images that can be used for commercial purpose, but when searching for this images, make sure to visit the site first just to make sure they can actually be used commercially, because they was a certain time said circumstance played out, i was searching for images on google, and came across one that looked exactly like it was free and also for commercial purposes, i used it and got warned, so i did the most logic thing, i when back and clicked into the site and saw that it was for free if you pay for member ship, very cliché

Mika

VIP Contributor
I like to keep it simple, I do not use any images or graphics in the header. I use my website name, logo, and tagline on the header. This helps the users to identify my site and find out what the website is all about. I take a lot of emphasis on formatting though.