Earn Money Types of passive income for you to generate money with:

Pradeep676

1. Bonds and GICs

A common method for passive income is investing in financial instruments such as bonds or GICs. The financial instrument protects your initial investment and offers interest payments in exchange for you lending them money. They are a safe investment, but the drawback is they offer lower interest payments.

2. Investing in the stock market​

There’s more risk in investing in the stock market as there are no guarantees, but the idea is to purchase shares in exchange for those shares to appreciate in value. The good shares will offer dividend payments as well.

3. Rental property​

Investing in rental property can be passive if you hire someone to do the maintenance and repairs in the building. Ideally the building you invest in will appreciate over time and you will be earning rental income each month.

4. Royalties​

A royalty is a legally binding payment made for the use of assets such as copyrighted works (books, music), franchises, and natural resources.

5. Affiliate marketing​

This is when you earn a commission for selling another’s product or service. Many bloggers and podcasters use affiliate marketing to add to their income streams. There is no work involved on your end when you sell other peoples products.

6. Selling your own digital products​

Creating an educational product to sell to others, creating membership sites and creating templates or tools to sell to others are a great way to make passive income. The work goes in at the start to create the product, but once that product is created, there is very little to do. Just watch your product sell.

7. Fractional investing​

Tech companies are disrupting the traditional methods of investing and allow people to invest in fractions which is more affordable. Real estate and stocks are crowdsourced and this makes investing more affordable.

The bottom line is getting your money to work for you is a smart way to earn money. It frees up your time pursuing active income and it’s an excellent way to protect the value of your money. Ideally you are investing your money in appreciable assets that offer passive income as well.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yeah, it didn't come on his mind to include cryptocurrency investment option to the list of passive income. Cryptocurrencies is indeed a reasonable investment option for those who doesn't have much funds to spend for real estate investments. Not every one can afford to buy land or build a bed room or self contain apartment.
But you that is interested to invest in real estate it might not actually be possible if you do not have the required money that is necessary to start but with cryptocurrency even if you have even $10 you can still invest. You will only be able to invest in real estate when you start making good amount of money online

Phabbyfundz

This is a good article and I must commend you for how you have been meticulous with outlining the types of passive income to earn money with. But you have really taken time to buttress on the points you have out lined or mentioned in this article. But this quite an enlightening article I must say

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't really know why he didn't put cryptocurrency investment because it is also one of the best type of investment for people who have smaller capital. real estate investment can only be profitable to people that have millions of naira to buy a piece of land and leave it for a period of more than one year for it to appreciate.
Yeah, it didn't come on his mind to include cryptocurrency investment option to the list of passive income. Cryptocurrencies is indeed a reasonable investment option for those who doesn't have much funds to spend for real estate investments. Not every one can afford to buy land or build a bed room or self contain apartment.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for drawing this information here. Their are different ways one can earn passive income online and offline. It depends on the passive income type of business or investment we are going into. I love the passive income benefits of real estate more than any other, cos of the unending benefits it brings to the property owner.
I don't really know why he didn't put cryptocurrency investment because it is also one of the best type of investment for people who have smaller capital. real estate investment can only be profitable to people that have millions of naira to buy a piece of land and leave it for a period of more than one year for it to appreciate.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have always considered investing in stocks and high-performing bonds as one of the most effective ways of making passive income without even having to stress yourself too much. We will have to take a little time to research about the stocks that are likely to perform well over a period of time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing business is almost cost free business to engage on. If you got the skill to excel you'll enjoy affiliate marketing but if the skills isn't there, then other alternative business option is simply find at the top and you'll still earn from them if you prioritize them. I love blogging, vlogging, web design etc, they're the ones that I am passionate about.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I like that royalty aspect because I have to do the work ones and continue to earn more money as long as people keep. The second one I like on the list is affiliate marketing, in which are going to promote products and earn money from every transaction between the seller and the buyer.

Last edited:

Mika

VIP Contributor
Selling your own products and affiliate marketing are always considered some of the best ways to build passive income. However, I don't think these money making methods can be included in passive income because passive income means earning without regular work, however, selling products whether your own or affiliate products, requires you to be very active in promotion and marketing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Seriously, these are mature ways of investing our money. But we really need enough money to invest in most of what you have listed up there, inorder for us to get much profits, especially in buying of bonds or stocks. However, affiliate marketing is also a great way to make money, if we know the nitty-gritty of it.
For those who doesn't know about the nitty-gritty of affiliate marketing and dropshipping should look elsewhere in order to succeed and drive financial stability. Affiliate marketing doesn't require one spending money unless you're paying to get your business being advertise thoroughly in order to meet up your expectations. In dropshipping one needs more to explore the business, which involves buying product online from the vendor and reselling it.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Seriously, these are mature ways of investing our money. But we really need enough money to invest in most of what you have listed up there, inorder for us to get much profits, especially in buying of bonds or stocks. However, affiliate marketing is also a great way to make money, if we know the nitty-gritty of it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks for drawing this information here. Their are different ways one can earn passive income online and offline. It depends on the passive income type of business or investment we are going into. I love the passive income benefits of real estate more than any other, cos of the unending benefits it brings to the property owner.