What Are The Challenges Faced While Choosing The Right Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Choosing the right business can be a very big decision because you tend to risk your capital in order to start the business. Manypeople get confused and they have no idea how to choose the right business and this can be for various reasons. One of the main reasons why people are not able to choose the right business is the lack of experience. People might not have any prior experience when it comes to a particular field and this may lead to a problem in the future. For example, a person who never got employed might face some problems when it comes to starting business because he never had any experience in any field. What do you think? What Are The Challenges Faced While Choosing The Right Business?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You will not have access to the right data to analyse the market. And it is very important to analyse the market in order to come up with plans on how to exploit of the weakness of competitors to your advantage and make more profit. You might see the right kind of business for you but lack fund to push It forward.

F

Funmluv

one of the challenges is getting the right idea of what exactly the business should be about. another is the location of the business, where the business should be based and the third one is the financial aspect of the business that is how to get the money to finance the business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are many challenges new business owners do face while starting a business. The first is the fact that they may not even know what to start with. It is difficult at times to know what to sell, how to produce and to whom to produce. These are the basic problems faced by the business owners.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many challenges new business owners do face while starting a business. The first is the fact that they may not even know what to start with. It is difficult at times to know what to sell, how to produce and to whom to produce. These are the basic problems faced by the business owners.

The big problem is that many people have no idea what they are about to do and when it comes to business, this is true in particular way. People must not get into something they have no idea about. Otherwise, they will definitely get into trouble or suffer from loss. What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are A lot of challenges I am facing when choosing the right business sometimes the most important factors that make people to go for the wrong business is lack of money or capital that is needed to start up the right business, in this case and people will choose to go into something they are capable of doing with their smaller capital.

L

Lilly2021

Cost side...always take a look at overhead and what costs are recurring every month!

Good luck

Verified member
There are lots of challenges to face or encounter when choosing the right business especially when visibility studies of such trade is not done properly,one tends to face some difficulties.Such challenges may end up affecting the owner if good measures are not taken immediately.so,every organization or business has its advantages and disadvantages that it faces at every point in time.

Jonaville

If you want to start up a business, best thing you can do is try to gain some knowledge about business management. There are a lot of books you can read, you can also take some courses online. Trust me, the knowledge you gain can go a long way in making you a successful business person.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Their are indeed somany challenges in the business world, and everyone is definitely facing one form of challenge in their business or even at their place of work, and these challenges differs from persons to persons.

But when we look closely some of the challenges been faced by those that has decided to do the right business in our todays business world will bother in two basic areas which include lack of enough funding and having no technical know-how. This two major areas are where business persons are struggling with. Some people got into businesses without having the right understanding of the business venture they are stepping into.

They started the business on here says and hence the find it difficult to survive in the business because they didnt do enough background study of the business before venturing into it. And for others that are having a very serious challenge in getting adequate capital to start up or working capital to effectively and efficiently manage the business. All these is coupled with the economic pressure on small and medium scale enterprise as a result of the pandemic and economic recession, again the rate of inflation is so alarming it has made price of goods to be highly unstable.

Kendy

Verified member
There are so many challenges that are being faced when one wants to start the right business. The first challenge that usually erupts is the financial availability of cost. Lack of finance has made so many feasible potential ideas crawl back to its shell. Lack of finance is a major factor, which is the reason we have many small scale businesses because it is a dream of many business owners to operate or expand on a large scale but finance non-availability always act as a barrier.

There is no business without challenges. Another challenges faced while choosing the right business is lack of experience and market research. It is mostly inexperience that makes most businesses to crumble even at the start before the business is even deeply rooted. Mismanagement of funds could also pose as another challenge. A potential business owner who does not have the capabilities and self-discipline to manage the available funds would not be able to handle his profits as well. When once you are disciplined in managing your funds inorder to maximize profits and reduce costs then you have overcomes part of the business challenges. In addition, the economic decline or recession always pose as a serious threat in choosing the right business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
As I had posted in another thread my planned home based business is presently on hold due to the opinion of people who are close to me. The business that I have in mind is home based with food as the product and the residents in our village will be my customer base. The capital is minimal so there is not much risk if the business will not earn. I am actually proud of the snack food that I cook and I am sure that there will be customers who would love my product. However, upon the advice of people in my circle they are afraid that there might be stress that could make me sick. I am a senior and is currently still in the grieving stage for the loss of my wife so I have to agree with them somehow. But if I would have a business then my mind will be busy that it might help me in recovering from the mourning.

funmi

Verified member
When we fail to chose the right business, the whole process will become a struggle. I have seen people who did not carry out a thorough business research before rushing into business. They just think that since all their friends and neighbours are running out every morning to their shops hence they must be making money and they too wants to be like their friends and neighbours. When we think that way we will end up not achieving anything because we will be chasing other peoples dreams. It is only wise for us to calm down to have a very reliable business that is well thought out. That is the only way a business will make head way. I have some persons that has copied my style without knowing how I manage my business and at the ead they got seriously indebted. I have heard even close friends who suddenly turn their back at me all.because they want to start up my kind of business and in the end they were forced to wind up because they only copieed rather than carry out a thorough investigation about how I manage my business. It will do us a lot of good to always make our research.

Stena

Businesses are always prone to one challenge or the other. Even when one has been able to choose the right business, there are small challenges that may pose a threat to that business. These challenges are:

1) Lack of starting or operational capital: this issue of finances happen to be a prominent challenge for most business persons. Money is not always easy to come by, and there are difficulties encountered when sourcing for funds from financial institutions, families or friends. Business owners would need funds to start up the business and keep its operations running, when the funds are hard to come by, it poses a challenge.

2) Another challenge happens to be lack of good marketing strategy. Most business persons find it challenging when it comes to making profitable sales. They do not have the best marketing and sales strategy and as such do not record impressive sales.

3) The inability to manage funds is one aspect some business owners find difficult to deal with. They are not able to manage their resources and this eventually leads to losses.

4) Hiring employees: some business persons find this aspect very challenging. Finding hands that are willing to buy into their vision and help push their business is sometimes difficult.

Shaf

Verified member
This is something that varies as you go from niche to niche. There are some challenges that are common across all businesses, like sourcing for capital and marketing to customer service and retention, bit these are much easier to solve in my opinion.

The challenges we seem to have less emphasis on are the small ones and they're the ones that eventually determine if the business survives for a long while.

One such is competition in the niche and the type. If you don't know how to survive that, your business will go down fast.

Another one is creativity and innovation in your niche. If you are not offering anything new or exciting, the business may survive but may not be super successful like you want it to be.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It it has not been easy with business owners to develop a strong and firm foundation business . And many individuals today including young entrepreneurs who have mind-blowing and positive business ideas are not able to implement them because they are not sure if this business ideas are right and positive. In choosing a right and positive business idea an individual has to first of all make proper research and also proper analyzation about the kind of business he or she wants to establish .

It is important that a person who is intending to establish a particular business know the kind of people he or she is communicating his business ideas to , because a lot of people develop jealousy and envy when a person has a mind-blowing business idea and could steal their business ideas and implement them for themselves since they are more likely to have the capability and resources to implement such business ideas . Family and friends are under the categories of people you should be mindful when communicating your business ideas because they could say discouraging and demeaningful which will kill your motivation to establish and implementing the business idea of your choice . It is important to know that the main thing about establishing a business is to make research and proper analyzation about it to know if you are capable to run such a business.

Yhubee

Getting to choose the right business itself can be a challenge to many as this will depend on the person's knowledge concerning the business and experience in some cases.
The individual needs to be well versed in the kind of business he is choosing so as to run it in the best way. He or she has to be passion drive about the business too to help him succeed.
After the right business has been chosen and a plan drawn out, the individual may be faced with the challenge of funds ,especially a capital to start the business . The amount of capital will depend on the type of business and its scale of production. The business owner has to come up with the best source for a caputal in order to start his business.
If its an offline business, the business owner can also be faced with the challenge of getting the right location for the business. Location is an important aspect of a business as it also helps to determine if your products can be bought. The business owner will have to locate his business close to his target audience in order to get the customers he needs and have his profit.

samual

There are many ways in facing the challenges in choosing a business name
but to me the major issues is how to get information from the people, how to seek their opinion on what the business should be called, in other to prevent the lack of investors, cause some investors will consider the name if it is encouraging

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You won't likely face any serious challenge when trying to choose the right business because the right business will not come with any challenge , except for the fact that you may need a huge sum of money to establish which you should have planned for that.

Some people at the same time may not have the money to established the right business and as a result they will only choose to settle with the little business they are able to establish with the available capital.

One of the major reason why people are not able to set up their dream business is because it require high cost of maintenance and that is one of the most important thing so many people have not planned for.

Apart from that, another possible reasons for business failure is the possible locations. If you can get the best location for your business , the possibility of having a business success will be high together with the required capital that is needed to set up a successful business idea.

It will not really be easy at the beginning, but everything is possible through constant dedication and the eagerness to succeed which means that you must be passionate about what you are doing.