What are the factors to consider before choosing a career

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a variety of things to consider when making the decision to start a career. One of the most important factors is finding a career that matches your interests and passions. You should also think about the type of work environment you want to be in, how much travel is involved, and your salary requirements. It's also important to consider your long-term goals. Do you want to start your own business one day? Or are you looking for a job that will offer you stability and security? Once you have a good idea of what you're looking for, you can begin to narrowing down your options.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many factors that needed to be considered before you actually opt for a specific career. When I chose to be a writer, I considered the following main things:-
1) Interests

You must always do what you like to do and this is something that many people often say and I think that this is true. You must opt for a career or a profession that suits your interest. I love to write and despite the fact that I never managed to become a professional writer, I have still worked as a mediocre writer for so many people. In fact, I am currently working as a writer on many paid to post forums!

2) Future

Well, Future is also a very important thing when it comes to selecting the career. You must know about the career prospect when you opt for a specific kind of career. What will you learn? What will you gain in your future if you select this career? This is a very important question.

3) Money

Obviously, money is also one of the main reasons why many people would love to pursue a specific career. This is because we all work for money . You must opt for a high-paying career.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing , this is very important but to me I consider number two to be the most important thing because in every career we have chosen to do , the future potential of what we are doing must be first considered because this will determine how far we can go in life in that area we have chosen .

There are so many people who spend a lot of their time studying courses useless in the university and burning midnight candle but at the end of everything they are not able to use the certificate they stress themselves to get, it all depends on how you arrange and what you choose to study depending on region.

When the future is being considered ,you also have to consider it based on your interest because that will help you be a happy worker. The money also is very important and other benefits.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Here is how I chose my career.

After I completed my high school, I choose to study Business Administration because I was interested in Business, Investment, Finance, Accounting, and Economics. The course I chose covered all of the subjects I was interested. There was also another reason for choosing Business Administration course. I was also good at the subject I was trying to learn. After I graduated, I decided to attend a programming college and learn to code. I was interested in programming for two reasons, one I wanted to learn it, and two, I could make more money as a programmer than a simple accountant in a firm.

In my opinion, when you are choosing a career, you need to consider three things:

Interest: Are you really interested in the field?

Knowledge: Are you really good in your chosen career? Do you have skills and knowledge?

Money: Can you actually make good money from your chosen career?

allison001

Verified member
When choosing a career for myself , I have to consider so many things . Normally what I am passionate is the most important thing I will put into consideration. I would likely engage in anything that deal with accounting since they are needed in all private and government sectors in the country..

Apart from what I am passionate about , I will also consider the demands of what I am doing because this also play a very important factors in the success of any career path I am choosing. I wouldn't just want to engage or choose a career field that will not help me get quicker employment.

It's not really easy because so many things are to be put into consideration since there is high rate of unemployment here in our country. It is also advised to choose any field or what we can do even when there's no employment from the government.

Last edited:

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There are only two major factors that you should consider while choosing a career, one, your knowledge and expertise, and two, money making potential. A lot of people think interest should matter most while choosing a career, however, I think this is bullshit, interest can be built on any thing. People who are so passionate about tiktok these days, did that have that passion before 2016? When Tktok was launched when people started using it, and they started liking it and slowly built interest, and passion, and then master the skills or video making and then started making a lot of money. If you have knowledge and expertise in something, you are already interested in that niche, right?If you were not interested and passionate about that niche, how would you build knowledge and expertise. The second most important thing is your chosen career should also make a lot of money. There is no point in choosing something that does not make money.

JacobWatson

Your point about interest evolving over time is so true – TikTok is a prime example of passion growing with the journey! Totally agree that having a foundation of interest in your chosen niche is key to building that expertise. Passion fuels the journey, right? Speaking of building skills, have you ever checked out the Penn Foster plumbing technology program which costs $868? Who knows, it might be the unexpected spark for a new career adventure!