Business Ideas What are your experiences on offering discount to customers

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I am planning on opening a business very soon and i am considering so many factors like giving discount to customers to promote my business at the first time of operation ,because i have seen so many companies adopts this method and i dont know if it later turns out well for them at the end ,because many customers might just buy during the period of discount and later on move to the best place that best suit them and demand the product from there ,this have been a major obstacle most especially to we the traders since we are the ones that cut out the profit and even transportation cost and others just to make sure we satisfy the customers and at the end some of us may end up in loss , i am looking towards that direction but dont know if its highly beneficial or do you think it could just turn out in another way ,because i have friends who have tried it but the experience was not too good either ,i will like to hear your experiences too

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, sometimes I believe experience is the best teacher albeit a personal one. You should try yours. Because it didn't work for your friend doesn't mean it might not work for you. So open the business and do whatever will help you keep the business running. But always listen to the feed back of your buyers and try to figure out ways to help

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't own a business for now but I know offering of discount can bring so many customers to you. Because most buyers are always looking to make excessive gains. So they are always looking for several discount offers, here and there. So they go to the best discounts offers. So it's better to do the discount once in a while, to bring you many more customers to you.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I had my retailing business I admit that I am selective or biased with our customers. We give a credit of 30 days for the good ones especially those with big purchases. For the discount it is also given only to the good customers which pay on time and the purchase is on a regular basis. New customers do not get a discount or credit line.