What business will you do with $5000?

A K Rao

I am a Vet and I have been working for a reputed Stud Farm now more than 30 years. We breed the Thoroughbred horses and sell them to the various owners who purchase them and race them.

A good horse can get its owner good money in racing. But then such horses are too expensive.

I will definitely invest in the business known to me and I would like to purchase a good horse to make money

For this $5000 are very less and I would require at least $50000 or so that I can confidently run the good horse in the races to win. A Good horse not only wins good stake money but becomes expensive himself if he is a male to become stallion ad fetch huge amount in the market.
In fact I know ins and outs of the business thoroughly. In fact I am managing the farm, taking care of the horses in every aspect and looking after the land and other assets. Here I am doing all the things at the cost of my owners. The same thing I can do in a much better way if I have my own resources and funds.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You can do almost every business with that kind of amount of money in this part of the world. $5000 is about millions in this part of the world and with that kind of money there are so many businesses you can start such as boutique business which is very lucrative in this part of the world. You can use it to purchase vehicles and put them on hire purchase which will eventually fetch you a lot of money on the long run.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That's just it. There are many people that are presented with such huge amount but they couldn't manage it for just a year before the money went down to the drain. This is because they failed to do research before venturing. In other words, no money is big or small to start a business. Research matters.
Some guys this days are not business driven at all.....When they see that amount of money,all they do is excess flexing. No sense of investment.And when they try to invest, they invest in Bitcoin with tokens and they start expecting profits within one week. They thought Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme or Hyip lol. Some times opportunities falls into the wrong hands!

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Areas and location determines what kind of business to venture in. Just like you have rightly said....for example a new site is not far to my present area, and people have started building their houses there, which mean cement business can be okay for that or maybe an industry where blocks are produced. Whichever way, we just have to be observant, with that money.
That's just it. There are many people that are presented with such huge amount but they couldn't manage it for just a year before the money went down to the drain. This is because they failed to do research before venturing. In other words, no money is big or small to start a business. Research matters.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To tell you the truth, $5000 is not much money when it comes to launching an offline business. You need at least $10,000 to start a small restaurant in my home country. You need at least $15000 t start a clothing store. Having said that $5000 is a lot of money if you are planning an online business, you can start an online store with that money.
That's the truth, the money may be small relatively in some countries. But to be frank, it is enough to start any business. The mistake we do make is to start with huge amount. The richest person in Africa started his business with less than $ 1000 dollar around 1980s. We can start with little then be expanding.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The amount is enough to start many businesses but it depends on the areas and location one finds oneself. As a Nigerian, the problems of most Nigerian are food and shelter. So I am delving into them. I will invest some part on real estate and other half into food production by engaging in agriculture.
Areas and location determines what kind of business to venture in. Just like you have rightly said....for example a new site is not far to my present area, and people have started building their houses there, which mean cement business can be okay for that or maybe an industry where blocks are produced. Whichever way, we just have to be observant, with that money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The amount is enough to start many businesses but it depends on the areas and location one finds oneself. As a Nigerian, the problems of most Nigerian are food and shelter. So I am delving into them. I will invest some part on real estate and other half into food production by engaging in agriculture.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To me $5000 is a good money and I think one can use it to start good business. I can encouraged one to venture in to business like agricultural by selling agricultural produce . That is one can be buying the product like grain and sell them at an high price when the price increases . You can also venture in to poultry business or fishery.
A very good insight of business! I think animal farming is one of the best way to earn money, if you can have the time to do it. The issue is that, many people see it as stressful way to make money. And time consuming, so you need to have enough time for it. We need enough skills too, to know how to handle livestocks.it's a profitable ways to make huge money.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To me $5000 is a good money and I think one can use it to start good business. I can encouraged one to venture in to business like agricultural by selling agricultural produce . That is one can be buying the product like grain and sell them at an high price when the price increases . You can also venture in to poultry business or fishery.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
For the amount of $5,000 for capital you can start up a medium size business but not customer-based like restaurant or salon. Those businesses would require a big expense in rental. If you can do your business of selling at home, that is "order for delivery" then you can invest only on the delivery system but the rental is not a burden anymore.
Well said bro.....but that's for your country. When it comes to this kind of scenario, always remember the exchange rate. One country's exchange rate is different to the other. Dollar is very weighty compare to my local currency. So, that amount is big enough for me to start a small block industry or a saloon. I can even decide to start a small restaurant with that but restaurant is not my thing.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For the amount of $5,000 for capital you can start up a medium size business but not customer-based like restaurant or salon. Those businesses would require a big expense in rental. If you can do your business of selling at home, that is "order for delivery" then you can invest only on the delivery system but the rental is not a burden anymore.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Yeah I made up my mind about this from my observation of my environment. They are a lot of people going into building now you need to see the bags of cement and blocks they buy daily especially the cement since it is needed for everything .if one can manufacture just for a location money can still be made. It is just to provide good quality product at a cheaper price and people will be willing to buy
Well said bro! Very close to my area, we have this block industry that produces blocks in large quantities every day. And I see trucks coming in, to pick this blocks several times a day..... What does this tell me? It says their are people around building houses, which is more money for the blocks industry. This is hot cake!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well I respect your business decisions.... Cement and block business is a viable business because if you check very well, people don't really wish to continue staying in rented apartment for ever. So people try to build their house, however small it is. Especially in Nigeria, people are building houses every day. That's why that business is a solid one!
Yeah I made up my mind about this from my observation of my environment. They are a lot of people going into building now you need to see the bags of cement and blocks they buy daily especially the cement since it is needed for everything .if one can manufacture just for a location money can still be made. It is just to provide good quality product at a cheaper price and people will be willing to buy

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I will go straight into manufacturing. I want to start manufacturing cement or a related product like blocks etc. I'm sure if I budget very well I should be able to get start it then maybe getting more funding from the banks. But I will need first to start off with this and see how it goes
Well I respect your business decisions.... Cement and block business is a viable business because if you check very well, people don't really wish to continue staying in rented apartment for ever. So people try to build their house, however small it is. Especially in Nigeria, people are building houses every day. That's why that business is a solid one!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Luckily for you a cash is awarded to you. A very big amount of money....Let's say $5000, to start something of your own.

This might be a jackpot or funding from a very big company to test your business mentality and see how you are going to fair in doing so. And a promise is made to you that after you use it prudently and reasonably, another bigger offer will come your way.

Now, you are under pressure to impress this company very well, so you can be in a position to be given the next bigger offer.

What kind of livelihood or business will you chose that will yield so much profit and flourish?
I will go straight into manufacturing. I want to start manufacturing cement or a related product like blocks etc. I'm sure if I budget very well I should be able to get start it then maybe getting more funding from the banks. But I will need first to start off with this and see how it goes

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Luckily for you a cash is awarded to you. A very big amount of money....Let's say $5000, to start something of your own.

This might be a jackpot or funding from a very big company to test your business mentality and see how you are going to fair in doing so. And a promise is made to you that after you use it prudently and reasonably, another bigger offer will come your way.

Now, you are under pressure to impress this company very well, so you can be in a position to be given the next bigger offer.

What kind of livelihood or business will you chose that will yield so much profit and flourish?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To tell you the truth, $5000 is not much money when it comes to launching an offline business. You need at least $10,000 to start a small restaurant in my home country. You need at least $15000 t start a clothing store. Having said that $5000 is a lot of money if you are planning an online business, you can start an online store with that money.
Well I wouldn't argue with you as it's your country and you will know far better....but with that, in my country, you can start something very big in offline. I think after the offline investment,you should even have something to fall back upon. $5000 to my country's currency is massive, and that's where the jackpot is lol.

Mika

VIP Contributor

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
If I ever get tghat much amount of money, then I will diversify my investment and try to start many different businesses. I would start investing money in cryptocurrencies and invest some of my money in to paid to click websites. Of course I will not invest all of my capital into these earning programs because of the risky nature of these businesses. I might also start an offline business.
I think we have like minds.... investment in cryptocurrency is really a very rewarding investment if you have patience. Diversifying is the way to go. You get to put few dollars here and there, which open different sources of income stream for you. I know you can't invest all that money, so you can have something to fall back on.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
If I ever get tghat much amount of money, then I will diversify my investment and try to start many different businesses. I would start investing money in cryptocurrencies and invest some of my money in to paid to click websites. Of course I will not invest all of my capital into these earning programs because of the risky nature of these businesses. I might also start an offline business.