What is the best online payment method in West Africa?

Cosmin17

Several payment methods exist in advanced countries such as PayPal. What are some of the best online payment methods in West African countries such as Ghana and Nigeria?

Setho

VIP Contributor
West Africa as a region has not really been advanced in terms of regional and cross-country payment as most of the Innovations have been coming in the country. The best bet that I have is chipper cash and pay stack . The first one is a very effective way that you can be able to send money across Ghana, Senegal, Togo and Benin. Paystack is particularly more helpful in terms of trying to open a business where you are going to be having target audiences and you are going to require business payments that might amount to large amount of money.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I don't know what is special with PayPal that makes most people always request for PayPal as payment method apart from countries that it is not accepted. The transaction fees of PayPal is high likewise it has many strict rules and regulations that makes them ban or suspend most account with or without funds.

There are many payment processor in Africa and Nigeria that are doing well that we can use. There payment options is very easy to use as we can transact with them directly with our bank account. In Nigeria alone there are many and more are been created almost every day. The popular ones are opay, kuda, alert from wema bank and many more like that. There are some that don't work as wallet but only work as a payment gateway only like interswitch , flutter wave, and more.

Most of the payment methods that I mentioned only works in Nigeria. But there is one that works in Nigeria and also works in some countries in Africa and few in the rest of the world like USA and uk. It is called chipper. In chipper app, payment can be transfer from a Nigeria user to usa or uk or other Africa countries with ease and very low or no fees.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Well I think every individual in Nigeria will speak for himself , but for me the two best way I love receiving my payment from online platforms and websites is through cryptocurrency and direct bank transfer . not every website on the internet have acknowledged the use of cryptocurrency as a way or system in which its members and users can get a remunerated or compensated for carrying out tasks and duties on these various websites and platforms . On the other hand withdrawing your earnings through direct bank transfer is one of the easiest and best way of getting remunerated or compensated from online website and platforms where you work in order to get paid .

It is important that we check the withdrawal system a particular website or platform was before we even think of making money on it . So as not to be stranded , confused , and devastated when we come to know that the particular withdrawal system a particular website allows its users are members to get renumerated , or paid is not actually supported in our country or region . Not everyone in Nigeria uses PayPal to withdraw their earnings , because they think it is cumbersome .

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I don't know what is special with PayPal that makes most people always request for PayPal as payment method apart from countries that it is not accepted. The transaction fees of PayPal is high likewise it has many strict rules and regulations that makes them ban or suspend most account with or without funds.

There are many payment processor in Africa and Nigeria that are doing well that we can use. There payment options is very easy to use as we can transact with them directly with our bank account. In Nigeria alone there are many and more are been created almost every day. The popular ones are opay, kuda, alert from wema bank and many more like that. There are some that don't work as wallet but only work as a payment gateway only like interswitch , flutter wave, and more.

Most of the payment methods that I mentioned only works in Nigeria. But there is one that works in Nigeria and also works in some countries in Africa and few in the rest of the world like USA and uk. It is called chipper. In chipper app, payment can be transfer from a Nigeria user to usa or uk or other Africa countries with ease and very low or no fees.

Actually, there are various reasons why PayPal is accepted by the majority of people and there are many different reasons why people prefer using PayPal. First of all, PayPal is one of the oldest payment method on the Internet. PayPal is so popular because it is considered a secure way to pay and receive money. It is so secure because it does not allow scammers at all and it is restricted to a few developing and developed countries only. PayPal is really popular because it is a reputable and well-established payment system that has dominated the industry for a long time, but this does not mean that other payment processors are not worth it at all!

There are man other payment processors like Payeer, Perfect Money, and cryptocurrencies that are also considered great, too. As far as Africa is concerned, I think that African people should consider using their own local payment processor. Each and every country has its own local payment system. For example, I am from Pakistan and we have EasyPaisa and jazz Cash in here. Similarly, African countries must also have their own payment processors, too. Apart from that, I think that you can also use debit cards like American Express, Visa, and Master card. Debit cards are quite popular payment system.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Actually, there are various reasons why PayPal is accepted by the majority of people and there are many different reasons why people prefer using PayPal. First of all, PayPal is one of the oldest payment method on the Internet. PayPal is so popular because it is considered a secure way to pay and receive money. It is so secure because it does not allow scammers at all and it is restricted to a few developing and developed countries only. PayPal is really popular because it is a reputable and well-established payment system that has dominated the industry for a long time, but this does not mean that other payment processors are not worth it at all!

There are man other payment processors like Payeer, Perfect Money, and cryptocurrencies that are also considered great, too. As far as Africa is concerned, I think that African people should consider using their own local payment processor. Each and every country has its own local payment system. For example, I am from Pakistan and we have EasyPaisa and jazz Cash in here. Similarly, African countries must also have their own payment processors, too. Apart from that, I think that you can also use debit cards like American Express, Visa, and Master card. Debit cards are quite popular payment system.
You are right. PayPal has only be accepted by many big store because it has been the oldest payment processor and it proved to be secure.

But days of PayPal is almost over. As bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are now been accepted by some big companies. This is a new development in the crypto world. Very soon bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will take PayPal place and it will be forgotten soon.

Bitcoin has many functions that favours people more than PayPal. Using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, there is leave of mind with our funds with no fear of lossing the wallet one day like it does happens in PayPal. That some accounts will suddenly got suspended for no good reason.