What is the best online payment method in West Africa?

A

Afriyie GH

Several payment methods exist in advanced countries such as PayPal. What are some of the best online payment methods in West African countries such as Ghana and Nigeria?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though I know that there are many payment method in Africa but most of PayPal that we are operating in Nigeria is not favourable at all.

Though what is causing problem in Nigeria is because government is not in support of trading cryptocurrency in our country.
This is really making things hard for we the youth in the country.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Well, I would not say PayPal cos there is limitations to using PayPal especially to those who are in African countries. However, the best method of payment in Africa should be crypto, or payment straight in to their bank accounts. I think with these two, African online earners in diaspora, should not have problem receiving their payments, if the two are being considered, as a complete method of payment online.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
One of the best method of online payments in Nigeria is Paystack not PayPal because as a Nigerian living in Nigeria you can't accept payment with it you need to open a Lesotho PayPal which is a dubious practice on a moral ground.

Paystack is my favorite because it's a made in Nigeria product and it supports local businesses in accepting payments.

All you have to do is integrate it using their public API which very easy for technical people.

Other solutions are FlutterWave(Nigerian company too), TransferWise, Barter(FlutterWave sister company)

Crypto is another viable option too.

Overall online payment is no longer a problem today in West Africa.