What Is The Future Of Traditional Advertisement And Marketing?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Traditional advertisement and marketing refers to marketing and advertisement methods that have been in existence for a really long time. In short, such kind of marketing and advertisement methods are not "modern" kind of methods that could be used to promote your services and products in the market to the general public. I have noticed that traditional marketing and advertisement is definitely not dead. This is because there are still a huge population that do not rely on modern gadgets to advertise their services or products in the market and use old methods such as traditional banners and newspapers to promote their businesses.

I think that traditional advertisements have evolved a lot albeit they have not changed. For example, in the olden days newspapers used to get delivered to your house, but now it is available on your smartphones to read. I am not talking about popular news websites, but I am talking about various apps that offer soft copy of newspaper on your phones. This is something that was not available even 15 years ago when most of the people had those old ordinary phones. Do you think that this kind of advertisement will evolve more? What are your thoughts about future of traditional advertisement? Will it end someday?

Caramelle

Traditional advertising also includes television and movies advertising so I guess, as long as these media of entertainment are around, we can expect traditional advertising to continue. Printed advertisements are not as popular as before because the popularity of newspapers and magazines has been adversely affected by the shift to digital content. Out-of-home advertising like billboards, lamppost banners, and vehicle ads will still continue to flourish because these are targeted advertisements that are relatively cheaper to mount. City lamppost banners are effective forms of advertisements for businesses located near the lamppost. They are usually cost-effective and require considerably less preparation. Television commercials can be converted into other formats that can be shown on YouTube and other websites for consumption as digital advertisements. Traditional and digital advertising methods are presently co-existing successfully and that will likely remain in the foreseeable future as they are actually targeting disparate audiences.​

D

Deleted member 28127

As Google and Facebook as social media starting from 2006 there is at least around 16 years means on 2032 it will be involved in traditional advertising as lasting from 26 years or even 2042 from 36 years and may this moment new manner of advertising will appear.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is an interesting topic because we can see the progress of online activities that almost everything is done online. The delivery system is now a standard (in this pandemic era) and the ordering system is online. With marketing and advertising I have to agree that most ads are shifting online. However, there are traditional advertising styles that will surely remain. First of that is the billboard that we see in the main roads and highways. I don't think the billboard will vanish from our sight. Next are the posters that we see almost everywhere. The walls by the gate of our village are full of posters that it is like a giant bulletin board. But the "barker" is now obsolete. They are the vehicles with loud speaker to announce their marketing spiel. It is mostly used by politicians during elections. The flyers that are distributed in the streets will also be obsolete soon because it is more expensive than hiring someone to post in social media.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Traditional marketing have been around for a long time now. Even if online marketing have taking over it due to the current nature of the pandemic. But it wouldn't fade off totally. Lots of business entrepreneurs still favour it up to this day in order to drive sales. Their are people today who doesn't visit online, this kind of people get to know about products that are advertised traditional. That's why their is a need to advertise both digitally and traditionally in order to seek attention from all angles. Seeking from one source wouldn't give you all the exposure you need for your business if you truly need lots of customers for your business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Thethe truth is that the advent of the internet and social media has really changed a whole lot of things and also improve the whole lot of things. this ranges from the way in which people do their business and also the way in which they advertise their business. Traditional form of marketing as you stated is the kind of marketing that have been in existence for a very long time. The print Media is one of the sources in which people use to advertise their product traditionally. As long as these kind of print media and television continue to exist like someone have stated traditional form of marketing will also continue to exist. But there will definitely be a lot of modifications and improvement as the year goes by. a lot of people prefer to advertise their products on various social media platforms especially digital products because a lot of people use social media platforms to do a whole lot of things on daily basis. So there will be a form of rivalry between the traditional form of advertisement and the modern form of advertisement. But all these is a very big improvement and an advantage to businesses because they cost of advertisement will drastically reduce.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
With the current rate of development and advancement in technology in the world today and as touching digital marketing I would safely say in the nearest future transitional marketing mediums will fissile out because technological advancement will get to a stage where we can not even imagine for now.

Very soon people will be able to interact with themselves in real time with the use of all those electronic gadgets we are having today. As we can now see that phones and computers and the internets has outshined the old ways of marketing our product and services using radio, television, newspapers, Bill board and others. Today through the help of the internet technology information can get to the target audience in real time and it is very cost effective. It requires so little an effort to get in contact with your marketerjust Incase one is having a challenge with the product or services unlike how it used to be before.

So I foresee a time in the near future where people can just fix contact lenses in their eyes and they will be able to market product and services and they can interact with one another so conveniently and there won't be any need to watch those things on the t.v. or listen to radio.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The future if traditional marketing is going gradually out little by little due to the way technology is taking over most things this days .
Instead of moving from one area to another because of advertisements its more easier this days that can just on net and place the advertisement there.