What Is your Criteria for selecting employees for your business?

Yhubee

Depending on the scale of a business, one might need to employee workers.Now what is the criteria for the selection of these workers?
Must they be experienced?
In selecting of employees,the type of business is considered and the role the employee will play has to be drawn out.
Things to look out for should be ,skill, experience in some cases or most, readiness to work,etc
Also trainings need to be carried out to give the employees a better idea of their role in the business.

Stena

Getting employees for jobs is one very delicate aspect of a business. These are people who are expected to buy into your vision and aid move your business further. Employing the wrong hands would in any way possible be detrimental to your business.
Many business persons in the bid to offer employment have ended up with lazy, irresponsible, unaccountable and unreliable workers amidst the excellent ones.

When looking out for employees, first thing I hang on to is experience. I feel it is a safer criteria. One who has experience on the job would do the job with ease and less supervision.
I would only look out for skills and readiness to work as secondary.

I had an unforgettable experience when looking out for a security personnel for my fish farm. The young man came with the eagerness to work, desperation was scribbled all over his face and when I asked if he has done the job before, his answer was no, but he said he could do it, and because of my willingness to give him his first experience, I employed him.
The night my fish farm was attacked by local thieves, he was snoring deep by the gate. To cut the story short, I had to sack him.

Kendy

Verified member
There are many criterias used or adopted in selecting employees but this also depends on the type of business and the individual readiness to learn. There are some employers which after hiring an employee, they will complain of low performance or productivity and if you recheck critically, you would notice that the recruitment and selection process was not adequate. These days, your qualifications might not even get you a position, that is the reason you see even those without good grades would be picked over those with higher qualifications. Employers are looking out for qualities which is beyond the certificate in your hands. The personal attribute is also used in assessment even though you might not be told. No employer would readily entertain someone who is timid and feels inferior. This is why before going for an interview, you need to practice, even if it means you standing in front of the mirror to rehearse. You need to be bold, confident and charismatic. You would be mesmerized that even though you had little experience, you would be chosen because of your confidence and readiness to learn. Rome was not built in a day, there are individuals who are hired and trained in order to augment their skills.

funmi

Verified member
It baffles me sometimes when I say how some employers complains about the performance of their employees and it makes me wonder who to actually blame, could it be the employees for real or the employers themselves who after knowing their own aims and objectives, their mission and vision and who themselves designed and fashioned out the lay down rules and objective of each department and what best fits in in each department. And they also carryout the recruitment process themselves will later come back again to complain of the inadequacies of their employees. Were they not aware of this inadequacies when they were carrying our the recruitment exercise. I believe there should certainly be a standard that should be in place before employing anyone into any position as touching the department of an organization. Now the objectives of the organization should be one the tools that will be used to carry out the recruitment test and they should be fashioned out in a way to meet the standard a s requirements of the department such employee will be needed. We know the general qualities should someone who is intelligent, who is responsible, and someone who is neat and very smart and honest.

E

eldavis

For now I do not have a business that requires me having employees working under me, but I believe with time my business would definitely get to this stage. When it does happens, one thing I would look out for is their qualifications. It would be nice to hire someone with some experience and who has the skills for 5ha position. Most importantly, the next thing I would look out for is their character. It might be impossible to judge a persons character through one encounter, I might have to set up maybe a time frame where I would monitor not just their working skills but also their character, how do they react under pressure? What's their reaction when angry? Are they willing to submit and learn? During this one month, they would not be paid salary though, as it a month of evaluation to see if they are good enough to finally be part of the company.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Depending on your business type you might choose to employ your employees as a result of their good grades and qualifications or as a result of their creativity skills . In most businesses today job applicant are not actually qualified for a business as a result of their good grades and qualification anymore but rather their positive creativity skills is what counts into this world . Employers who employ employee should make sure to look beyond the job applicants CV because most employees with good great series may not be the owner of this series because now a day someone can buy or purchase grade and marks just to make sure that his or her CV is imperfect or positive state .

The employer must ask creative sited questions to the job applicants , these questions shouldn't just be regular questions but rather questions that has to do with how the job applicant will behave if he or she was employed in the business organisation . A friend of mine who was seeking for a job one day had to go to a company who was looking for an employee to take over a particular post . When it was the time for the interview the first question he was asked by the employer was " As a manager what will you do if your business is at the dream of going bankrupt ? " . Brothers and sisters you can agree with me that this question is a clearing sited question which employers must imitate .