What to do if You Don’t Have Business Funds?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A lot of people want to do online business but lack of funds stops them. Not having investment funds is one of the major issues why people cannot start a business despite having a great business idea. There are ways to deal with this issue.

Start business that does not require investment: There are a lot of businesses that do not require any investment, for example, dropshipping, affiliate marketing, print-on-demand, etc.

Start crowdfunding: There are numerous crowdfunding platforms where you can raise funds for your business.

Work for a company: This might surprise you but you can actually build investment funds for working for other companies. You will have to save money that you can use for your business. There is also another benefit, you gain experience and knowledge.

Find a partner: While a lot of people avoid going into partnership business, this is also an easy method to build business funds. However, you will have to choose a business partner wisely.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Most of us start with a small business and then grow up. The reverse operation doesn't work because if you think to run a project with big funds and big investments surely you will lose as managing it will be harder than a small project.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Interesting information you've shared. Here online we don't need to rely solely on capital before starting our own business. I understand that adequate funds is very essential when you have it already. But when you aren't opportuned, then, what the OP said is a better option. I started online with zero cash, I've been able.to raise some cash, which has enabled me to start other income streams, and also gearing up starting up offline businesses to bolster my streams of income. I am not born with silver nor golden spoon, I'll arrive to reach a very high level working online and offline. I am learning from other successful online users, they inspire me and I wish to follow in that footsteps to inspire others. Without any to look up for inspiration many couldn't have achieved their dreams, someone must inspire you to hit to that point and reach your full potential.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think the best answer to the question what to do if you do not have a business is to start a business that does not require capital or work in a company to start your own business. Getting funds through crowdfunding is really difficult. It is not easy to get people to donate to your cause. Getting a partner is also not a very good idea as you still need some money to start a partnership business. If you do not have any funds, how can you start a partnership business? There are a lot of businesses that can be started with zero cost, not just online businesses but also offline businesses. For instance, you can organize a yard sale and sell your old and unused items. You can start a print-on-demand business without any investment. Once you make some profits, you can invest that profit in the business of your choice.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
In some of my threads I have short listed some credible business you can start with zero capital. It is very possible to have no funds, like from zero capital to owning a mega business. But when your business needs funds there are many ways that you can source for it.
1 getting government grants and loans. The government from time to time give grants to people who show interest in starting up a business. With keeping yourself updated you can know when such opportunities are available and with that you can fund your business. Moreso, government or other organizations give loans to people and you can easily get one and be sure that you do well in your business in other to pay duly when the time comes.
2 by borrowing from Friends. Apart from getting a big loan if your business doesn't necessarily need much funds you can get support from friends and close relations others as gift and others as small loans which will help you find your business.
3 savings. When you have a good savings plan regardless of how little you save relative to your income you can be able to look up to your account as your last resort when in need of funds for your business.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Two points raised by the OP struck me. The part where he talked about finding a partner. It seems we are so used to one-man business that the idea of partnering with someone for business is a no-case. If you have a business idea, you can partner with someone that has the finances, and you guys work together on well-defined rules.

Also, the part where he said that you can work for another person to raise capital for your business. Honestly, this is a more realistic way of sourcing capital for your business. I see so many entrepreneurs screaming that they don't want to work for somebody. I feel it is not bad to work and raise capital for your business.

That crowdfunding of a thing is not my own thing. Anything that takes control from me and places it in the hands if another person is not my thing. Every business idea requires capital for it to come to pass.

Rubz

From all the points you gave above, working for a company and doing an online job that doesn't require any capital is the best way to make money in my opinion. Working for a company really helps one save a lot of money for one's business. The most preferable among the two is doing an online job that doesn't require any capital, there are a lot of these jobs out there. You could try paid to platforms, online tutoring, publishing books online. Most of these things doesn't really stress one out and one can do them from the comfort of one's home.Why i don't like business partners is that these days, it is hard to find trust worthy partners. It is not always easy to get money from crowdfunding. Funny enough, in my country, people who rather support and gift a rich and popular person rather than a poor person.

Suba

Staff member
For anyone who lacks business funds or capital, the best alternative is to become a dropshipper or re-seller, while crowdfunding in my country must have an investment permit, so not everyone is allowed to do crowdfunding, while to become a business partner, a franchise requires at least a business building and a minimum of capital. 30% of the total capital. So I think if you already have a brilliant business idea, it's best if you make a budget, determine the minimum capital you need, you can also borrow from your relatives, uncles or aunts, of course without interest, and they will get a profit share according to the capital deposit.

E

eldavis

The methods i might make use of in gathering funds for my business setup might definitely be different from what the next person might make use of. For me, if there is a business i plan on going into and i do not have the funds for it, i simply find something small to do, then save up from there. It might take days, weeks or even months but i dont really mind. I rather take time in setting up my business with my own funds than going to borrow.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When I started online, I had zero capital for business, I started small to earn, I got no one to help me with angel funds, at the moment I've earned some amount but so big but quite encouraging which I'm using for my daily crypto trading activities with reasonable returns some days. It isn't easy trading the volatile market, profit comes in, same as loss, but when trade wisely, profit comes bigger. I hope to continue for the foreseeable years until I'm financially stable, then I can decide starting an offline businesses, and guarantee myself stable income. At the moment I see no stable income, because I experience big loss too, trading cryptocurrency. But such doesn't discourage me since I've made up my mind to trade regardless of losses.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you lack capital to start your business, explore bootstrapping strategies first before taking on debt. Cut costs dramatically by leveraging existing assets, using space rent-free from home or negotiating discounts from vendors. Pursue small grants, enter business plan contests for cash prizes, run crowdfunding campaigns, or find an angel investor who takes equity instead of requiring repayment. Build momentum with a barebones minimum viable product and reinvest revenue. Consider business credit cards, short-term financing like merchant cash advances, or low-rate SBA loans if needed. With creativity and fiscal discipline, many entrepreneurs successfully self-fund new ventures.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are some steps one could take when you find yourself in a position where you lack money to keep your business running. To begin with, review how much you spend and identify areas where you can cut back on costs or reduce overheads for more liquidity. This way, some cash may be freed up. Secondly, alternative funding options such as small business loans, crowdfunding or partnering with or getting investor(s) assistance may be explored. In addition, it could also be useful to explore government grants or subsidies that are specific to your industry. Lastly, don’t hesitate to consult mentors or business support organizations for help and advice. Always remember that with proper planning and resourcefulness temporary financial setbacks can be overcome so that your firm survives through the hard times of recession.